Chapter 3

A few days had gone by now and it was the day of the event my father wanted me to attend to . I had no interest but then again I had no choice . I tried talking to Julian about it but he completely ignored me and acted as if I wasn't there .

The dress I bought wasn't to fancy since I had no intentions of impressing anyone . It was just a satin black dress with diamonds on the straps . For my hair I had it in a braided ponytail and applied some light makeup .

The event had started quite a while ago and Cameron and I were running kinda late mostly because of me but I didn't care.

"Where's my dad?" I ask as saw Cameron waiting at the bottom of the stairs in his tuxedo . I hate to say he looked good but his personality ruined it .

"He said he had errands to run , you look amazing." He says as he takes my hand in his and kisses it . Ew

"Thanks , can we go now ?"

He nods and we exit the house and go towards the car that was waiting for us .

The reason why I dislike Cameron is because yes I used to date him but when I broke up with him he tried accusing my best friend of sleeping with him to try ruin our friendship. Which it was never true , he's always been a douchebag but now that he's stuck up my dads ass , it's pretty hard to avoid him . 

As we made our way to the event he tried placing his hand on my thigh and I instantly pushed him away staring at him in disgust .
What a creep

Some men honestly had no respect for women and he was one of them . He'd always make snarky inappropriate comments when I was in shorts or even my pajamas, which is what I told my dad about and he said to me that I was desperate.

I know right .

He does not care at all , some days I wanna lock myself in a room and cry it all out , but now I've built a wall and just shut everyone out since they having nothing nice to say .

I had to put concealer on my arms so I could hide the bruises , yet it made me paranoid because I had a feeling it could still be seen . 

"We're not gonna take too long don't worry ."

I hum in response not really in the mood to talk , to him at the moment . The drive is only about twenty minutes away from my house so it didn't necessarily take that long .

***
When we entered the hall there was much more people than I expected , and because of my anxiety I decided to stay close with Cameron as he was the only person I knew .

He grabs onto my hand and only this time I let him . For the next hour he greets loads of people and I stand beside him like one puppet , he spoke in Italian so I couldn't quite understand what he was saying .

My eyes look around the room hoping to find anyone familiar so I could escape from him , and I seem to see those green ones . The same one from the cafe the other day .

Oh my he's here , he looks so good .

I quickly look away as he noticed my staring . Cameron was too interested in his conversation to notice me , so I told him I was going to get a drink . I have to squeeze through so many people just yo get to the bar and thankfully it was empty .

"What could I get you ?" The bartender asks placing a glass right in front of me "two vodka shot's please."

"Vodka ? You having a nice day ?" The guy asks and I shake my head watching as he filled my glass making sure he didn't add anything to it . The moment he placed it in front of me I downed the glass allowing the alcohol to burn my throat . 

A sudden scent of cologne fills my nostrils as I turn my head . The mysterious guy stood right beside me and was speaking to the bartender.

Oh my God he's so hot .

He ordered a glass of whiskey before meeting eyes with me , "Lorenzo Morreti." He stretches his arm out and I shake his hand "A-anya Bernardi ." Why the hell am I stuttering "your the guy from the cafe right ?"

He smiles nodding his head "you wanna let go of my hand now ?"

"Sorry ." I quickly let go feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. God i hope he doesn't find me weird after staring at him and now not letting go of his hand .

"Bernardi, that name sounds familiar."

"Probably because of my dad , he owns quite a lot of businesses."

"Yeah I'm pretty sure I used to work with him a couple years back , I have to say you look exquisite tonight ." He sucks in a harsh breath as I noticed him checking me out .

"Thank you as do you ."

Another guy then approaches Lorenzo, in a suit also , they must've been friends considering the way they conversed . I then noticed him looking at me as they spoke in Italian . Ugh I really need to learn it .

"Hi I'm Alessandro , nice to meet you ."

Why must all Italian men be this good looking ? His brown hair hovered just above his eyebrows as he gives me a smile revealing his pearly whites , he has green eyes also .

"Anya, likewise ."

Alessandro then nudges Lorenzo's shoulder before muttering something in Italian . 'è bella come dici tu.'

She is as beautiful as you say

The only word I manage to pick up was Bella which meant beautiful so I knew they were talking about me , I however decided to act clueless , until I heard my name being mentioned .

"Tesoro how about we take a walk si?" Enzo says stretching his arm out one again , this time i hesitate . A walk seriously? He obviously just wants sex .

"Don't worry I'm not going to do anything, I just wanna talk that's it."

My eyes dart to Alessandro who stands there staring at me also , their eyes were captivating and alluring I had to give in . I place my palm in his and he smiles leading me out the hall .

I wonder what he wanted to talk about ?

***

End of chapter