[XVI]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"And the brave princess walked towards the villains hideout a sword at her side. She was ready."

The children stared at me with anticipation.

Klee was barely sitting still and Mona was hugging onto Scaramouches arm.

"The hideout came into sight. It was the biggest place she'd ever seen. Even bigger than her own hideout. As she looked up at the top she noticed him."

Kazuha hid his face in his hands and I couldn't help but giggle.

"He spotted her as he arrived laughing at the princess, but things were different. She was no longer the same weak girl who he had once met. She had learned and she wouldn't make the same mistake again."

"Die bad guy die!!" Childe yelled jumping up and tackling Scaramouche.

Scaramouche fell over and his big hat went with him.

Childe was smacking his fists against him as Mona began crying.

I let out a sigh and placed the story book down.

Childe continued to attack Scaramouche as I approached.

Grabbing onto the collar of his shirt I lifted him up off his brother. He tilted his head back with a pout and I shook my head.

"Stop hitting your brother." I said giving him a stern look.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Mona tried to pull Scaramouche up off the ground, but he didn't budge. He just laid there glaring at Childe.

"But hes the bad guy." Childe said trying to wiggle out of my arms.

My grip on him tightened. I had forgotten he had strength that children didn't normally possess, but it made sense now. Considering the shit Dottore was in it was no surprise his kids had some sort of advantage.

"Scara not bad!!" Mona replied stamping her little feet.

Scaramouche looked away embarrassed and a small smile spread across my face. An idea had come to mind watching them fight.

"I have a new story to tell you."

Childe blinked a few times but then smiled.

"If I put you down and you attack Scaramouche then story times over."

Childe looked like he was thinking, but it didn't take him long to nod his head.

I put Childe back down and he sat. The rest of the kids were watching intensely.

"Once upon a time there was a prince. The little prince caused destruction and chaos wherever he went. To those who saw him he was exactly as he appeared, a villain."

Scaramouche finally sat up.

"One day the little prince and his family were invited to a ball. Everyone avoided the little prince and somewhere deep down he ached. But there was one still yet to arrive. When the little boy left the party to explore he met a beautiful princess."

I caught Scaramouche glancing at Mona.

Smiling I continued on, "The princess was shocked that someone else had found her. She had never seen the little prince before so she knew not of his chaotic nature. The little prince was ready to start breaking things but he wasn't given a chance. The princess had grabbed ahold of him and tugging him along she brought him on a tour that would change both of their lives."

"The little prince was so distracted by the princess. She seemed so happy to be around him. His heart was racing and a new feeling was beginning to emerge. It was a nice feeling one of peace. So he let his guard down and the princess and him played all evening. Later that night when his parents had gone to look for him they were shocked to see the two fast asleep. The little prince had never looked so calm. Though the prince was a villain in the eyes of others to the princess he was her prince. The end."

Childes eyes sparkled and some of the children clapped.

"Did they did play blocks!" Kazuha asked moving closer towards me.

"Yes blocks, house, all sorts of games."

Scaramouche huffed and turned his head.

"Stupid story." He grumbled.

I rose an eyebrow.

"No villain ever get princess." Scaramouche crossed his arms now.

I rolled my eyes.

"And who told you that?"

"Old man!"  He replied before stomping off.

Mona followed closely behind him as he whined.

Dottore had told him something like that?

For a moment my heart ached.

I looked at Childe but he refused to meet my stare. His eyes were glued to the ground with an intense look in them.

I glanced over at Rosa. She also didn't look at me.

Something about what Scaramouche had said made them both quiet.

I let out a soft sigh and shook my head.

Now I wondered how Dottore saw himself.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««