[LXVII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

My arm was linked with Kaeyas as we walked down the manor stairs.

My heart pounded in my chest from nerves.

"It'll be alright." Kaeya said patting my hand.

My hand squeezed his in surprise and he took it as a gesture of affection.

His smile brightened and he seemed to walk a little quicker.

We were currently headed for one of the largest rooms in Pierros manor, the ballroom.

It wasn't used often because Pierro was not one for hosting big parties but this was different.

The chatter of people grew louder as we approached the double doors.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this point forward, but things would change.

Either for the better or the worst.

Kaeya opened double doors and the room grew silent. For a moment the lights hanging down blinded me and then I was met with the mass of people staring directly at us.

Kaeya smiled and nodded in greeting before pulling us toward Pierro.

Pierro was in the center of the room a glass of champagne in his hands as he spoke with a few men. He noticed us heading in his direction and turned to face us.

"You two look good together." Pierro said taking a sip of his champagne.

Kaeya smiled from the compliment and I kept my mouth shut.

"Ahh so thats what you've been up to." One of Pierro mens said with a grin, "I had heard the rumors but to think you'd actually found the kid."

He looked over at me, "How have you been?"

I nodded once, "I've been well thank you."

He gave a grin, "You've grown up a lot. So tell me why is it hes decided to gather everyone since he won't tell me—"

"Enough." Pierro said stepping in.

The man shrugged and looked back at Pierro.

"You'll know soon enough." He finished.

I glanced back.

There were still people filling the room. If I had to guess Pierro was waiting till everyone arrived. After all these were important people to Pierro, but one thing I did notice was the way his eyes seemed to scan the room. As if he were looking for someone. Whoever it was he didn't seem to be finding them.