[XXVIII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

The week had come and gone once again.

I was currently at Dilucs manor enjoying some tea with him.

"So any new information on Kaeyas?" I asked stirring my tea with a spoon.

Diluc shook his head, "Its seems he's gone off the radar. Not even my men have been able to track him down."

I felt a small wave of guilt hit me.

Though neither of us had said anything his intentions were clear.

Had the conversation scared him away? Was he upset?

I couldn't stop myself from frowning.

"What happened?" Diluc asked with a concerned look.

My heart throbbed and my stomach had an uneasy feeling.

"Well you know Kaeya... I'm not sure if thats really what scared him off or if he did really have a job to do." I muttered more to myself.

"Its alright Y/N. I'm sure it wasn't your fault. I'll keep looking I'm sure hes just doing something ridiculous." Diluc said letting out a sigh.

He was probably right though. Maybe Kaeya just didn't want to get me involved in whatever he was up too. Especially if it were something crazy. Maybe he learned his lesson?

No that was impossible. Kaeya never learned and when he did it was stupid stuff.

"Forget about it for now Y/N." Diluc pushed a small plate of cookies towards me, "Relax a bit. Hes fine."

I nodded my head and took a cookie off of the plate.

He was right. Kaeya was probably fine. He could handle himself. I'd just await his return.

"Thank you." I ate a cookie and tried to calm my nerves.

I looked up at the sky around us.

It was a beautiful day. No clouds and no wind. The perfect day to be outside. I was also glad that Diluc allowed me to come over. It was better than sitting at home and looking through that USB. Though I wanted to open it once more I didn't want to become obsessive.

"Miss Y/N!" I peeked over my shoulder as Adelinde walked towards us.

She had an envelope in her hand and when she came over she handed it to me.

"It just arrived."

"Thank you Adelinde." I observed the letter the smell of cologne strong.

My heart skipped a few beats as I hurried to open it.

"Ah so hes decided to write now." Diluc mentioned taking a cookie for himself.

I tossed the envelope to the side and opened the letter.

Hello Princess,

I'm sorry for being gone so long. I'd like you to join me for dinner tonight. I've wrote the location at the bottom. Please wear something nice or sexy ;)

See you tonight,

Yours truly

What a way to make an entrance.

"So what does he want?" Diluc asked rolling his eyes.

I laughed and handed Diluc the letter.

Diluc took a moment to read it before shaking his head.

"What an idiot." He mumbled returning the letter back to me.

"I guess he'll explain everything tonight. Let me know how it goes."

I nodded my head and took a final sip of my tea.

"Thank you for having me over Diluc. I should get going for now." I got up from my seat and put the letter in my purse.

"Its no problem. Tell my stupid brother to come by sometime as well."

A small grin stretched across my face.

I wouldn't tease Diluc now he got enough of that from other people.

I gave Diluc a wave and made my way for my car.

I guess it was time to get ready.

I relaxed the rest of the day until it was time to go out. I had already decided on what I was going to wear and was currently driving into town.

I felt somewhat relieved that Kaeya was going to meet me.

My hair was tied back in a braid and I wore a long baby blue dress. I wasn't dressing up because Kaeya had said so it was because of where we were meeting. The restaurant he had picked out was quite classy and I would definitely not dare show up in jeans and an apron.

I parked my car in the parking lot and quickly made my way to the front entrance.

Someone waited by the door opening it for me as I entered. I nodded my head in thanks and approached the front.

"Hello reservation?" The lady working at the front asked.

"Yes its under Ria."

Yes it might have seemed odd that Kaeya used a fake name but he probably didn't want a name associated with either of us.

The lady looked through her computer before nodding.

"Please follow the server over there she will direct you to your table."

I looked over to the side where a lady stood two menus in hand.

I made my way over to the lady and she guided us through the restaurant. Our table was a booth in a more secluded area. There was a candle lit on the table and some waters already placed out.

"Will you be expecting someone else?" The lady asked placing the menus down.

"Yes so I'd like to wait before ordering thank you."

She nodded and disappeared.

I let out a sigh and put my purse beside me before leaning against the booth.

Now the waiting game begin.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««