[XXI]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

After breakfast at Diluc's, Kaeya had left me at the daycare and promised to drive me back later.

It didnt take long for the kids to arrive. Like the other day my heart raced with anticipation. Would Pantalone show up or Dottore?

The bell to the daycare rang and I turned around with a smile.

"Good morning." I cheerfully said.

I was tackled by a child before I could see who. I wrapped my arms around them to keep them from falling elsewhere. My back hit the ground with a thud and it felt like my lungs were being crushed.

When I was able to tilt my head up there was a smiling boy.

"Hi." He said with a grin.

"Childe good morning." I laughed, "Whats with the tackle hug?"

Childe smiled even brighter.

"Dads all better now and Scaramouche stopped crying at night!"

My eyes bulged and there was screaming from one of the children.

"Shut up!! Shut up!!"

Scaramouche was running towards us and Childe jumped off of me. He ran away giggling as Scaramouche chased after him.

"I apologize on behalf of them."

The nervousness had instantly returned to me. I tilted my head to the side to see Dottore with his hand stretched out. I lifted my hand up to grab his and he pulled me up. His grip was strong and I had to grab onto his arm to stop myself from wobbling.

Looking up at him I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you."

He gave me a smile in return.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

His red eyes were gazing back down into mine. My heart was pounding like crazy.

Did he know?

Had he found out?

Would he hurt the kids?

"I'm much better now. Its practically healed."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes would you like to see?"

I didn't miss that mischievous glint in his eyes.

It made my heart flutter but for different reasons.

So I figured I'd play along.

"Sure."

Dottore grinned and let go of my hand. He traced an arm down and grabbed onto the hem of his shirt. He took his time pulling it up. His eyes didn't leave mine as he lifted it up.

When his shirt moved up enough I finally looked down to take a peek.

He was right. It had completely healed and barely had a scar.

"Wow." I mumbled in amazement, "Thats healed incredibly well."

I couldn't believe it but at the same time I could.

Dottores speciality was drugs. If he couldn't make one to do this then I'd be more surprised.

"Ewww put your shirt down ugly!" Scaramouche shouted from the other side of the room.

I put a hand over my mouth to stifle a laugh.

Dottore dropped his shirt and sent a cruel glare towards Scaramouche.

Scaramouche stuck out his tongue and then ran away.

"Stupid kid.." He grumbled.

I couldn't help but smile even more.

It must have been so lively at his house.

"Anyways as much as I'd love to stick around I do have work to do. Thank you for watching these handfuls." Dottore said calmly regaining his composure.

"They're sweet kids. Scaramouche is as well just to certain people." I replied giving Mona a quick glance.

Dottore sighed and turned for the door.

"Have a good day Ms. Y/N."

"Goodbye Dottore."

He was gone a few seconds later and I felt a huge wave of relief wash over me.

For now at least he didn't know. I did sense a change in his attitude but not a malicious one.

"Hey!!" Scaramouche shouted from behind me.

I turned my head back and Scaramouche was grinning.

"You looked at old man too long." His smirk grew and I bent down to his level.

"And you look at Mona with stars in your eyes. Does your little heart beat when you see her, Scaramouche?" I whispered back to him and Scaramouche watched in horror.

"N-NO!! NOT TRUE!!"

He stormed off and I smiled to myself.

You were too young to be playing games with adults little one.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««