[LXVIII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"Ah I had no idea you were on good terms with the Doctor." One of the men at our table spoke up.

Pierro took a sip of his water and glanced over at Dottore.

"Is it surprising?" Pierro asked in return.

Dottore let out a chuckle, "Would you prefer to be enemies?"

The man shook his head and laughed, "Yea no I'm good."

Some tension seemed to return.

Nobody would fully trust Dottore not even with Pierro being the one to invite him.

"I am here by invitation you have no need to look so concerned." Dottore said rolling his eyes and picking up his fork.

Kaeya let out a sigh, "Everyone just relax. Hes here because of Pierro and if Pierro has allowed him heres theres no reason to doubt his judgement."

People shut up after that.

Nobody wanted to make an enemy of Pierro and doubting him was definitely one way to start down that path.

"It must be quite the occasion for you to have so many people gathered." Dottore remarked looking around the room.

Pierro nodded, "Indeed."

It was the perfect opportunity for us.

There would not be another chance like this where everyone was gathered in one place for a long time.

"I'm surprised some of the others haven't shown up yet. This isn't like them." One of the men at the table commented.

Dottore squeezed my hand a bit harder.

Kaeya looked over in Pierros direction. He didn't show that he was bothered but clearly he was. Those must have been the people he was looking for earlier.

I looked over at Kaeya.

He didn't hide much of his concern.

"You don't think..."

Dottore let out another chuckle, "Perhaps they vanished?"

Everyone slowly looked in his direction.

"I've heard about your situation." He continued, "Quite odd indeed. I wonder why they seem to be dropping dead."