[LIV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

One betrayal after the next, that was all these files held.

Everything that Kaeya had done had been documented over the years.

I searched through and read every document in the file.

By the end of it, I felt numb.

It had only taken Kaeya two weeks to contact Pierro after the two of us left. The only lucky part of the situation was Kaeya and I had already lost contact by then. The two of us agreed to go our separate ways for the time being in case Pierro decided to track us down. I had gotten a new phone, changed my number, identity, and left the country. This was all to ensure that if one of us was found the other would be impossible to find.

I had made the right choice then.

It seems Pierro had sent Kaeya on a hunt for me. After a few months of being unsuccessful, he relieved Kaeya of that duty and had him assigned to other things.

Throughout the years Kaeya had continued to do any work Pierro assigned him. Whether it was getting rid of competition or negotiating. He had helped Pierro to regain part of what he had lost.

The two of them had travelled all over the world. Pierro was always in the spotlight whereas Kaeya hid away in the shadows.

This whole time Kaeya had been loyal to Pierro.

I let myself sit in these feelings for a little.

At one point Kaeya was the only friend I had and I was his only friend.

We weren't just friends though.

He was my best friend.

That was why I couldn't shake the heartbreak.

All the secrets I had shared with him.

All the memories over the years.

All of it he had destroyed in a matter of moments.

That day he came to visit I was worried but also happy.

Sure I had made friends over the years but he would always be the one I thought I could trust most.

But here the only one I could trust was myself.

He wanted things to return to how they used to, but those old times were over now. Nothing would ever be the same and I would never forget this.

There was still one thing troubling me. If Kaeya had remained loyal to Pierro why had he let me escape? He could have put some sort of tracker on me or at least had my movements monitored. Why did he agree to let me cut all contact?

Perhaps it was a fleeting feeling of the friendship we once shared.

It didn't matter now.

I had all the answers I was going to get.