[XXII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I laid outside against one of the trees as the kids ran around. Most of the kids were playing tag. The only one not enjoying the sun was Rosa. Though that wasn't unusual for the girl. She always had her nose stuck in a book. It was good that she was reading but it would also do her some good to interact with the others.

"SCARA YOURE IT!!" Childe screamed from the top of a tree.

If Childe didn't have incredible strength theres no way I'd allow him to be up there.

The children all laughed and ran away from Scaramouche as he pouted.

Sometimes I felt bad for Scaramouche. The poor boy was teased a lot and Childe was the main source of it.

Now that I was thinking of this their family dynamic was interesting. Dottore had three kids yet he was able to keep all three hidden. For a man in his position that was a miracle. He was powerful yes but there were other who were just as if not more so.

I guess the cat was out of the bag now though. Considering Kaeya knew that secret of his, it wouldn't last too long. I was almost certain Kaeya would sell him out. Though I disagreed for obvious reasons. I wasn't a daycare teacher for show.

That brought up another question I had. I searched through everything in his file but there was nothing about him being married or even having a partner. So how was it he was stuck with 3 children?

They were all so different as well.

Could he be a playboy? But if so then where are the mothers?

I rubbed my temple.

Why was I even thinking about this? His love and personal life were not my business.

"Miss Y/N come play with us!" Childe had approached me breaking me out of my thoughts.

"What are we playing?" I asked getting up from my spot.

"Tag still!" He said excitedly jumping up and down.

Still?

"And whos it?"

Childes smile grew into something more mischievous.

"ME!"

He moved towards me with speed and I dove out of the way. He reached a hand out to try and tag me but missed by a mere inch.

I was back up on my feet in seconds and putting distance between us.

Childe stared at me in amazement and shook.

"You're fast. Just like dad."

Childe ran at me again and I began to run in the opposite direction.

For a moment there I thought I'd have to go easy on them, but not Childe.

He was taking this as a challenge and something told me he didn't want an easy win. So I ran towards one of the other children.

I figured Childe wouldn't take the bait but it was worth a shot. Kazuha ran away screaming as I neared and as I expected Childe didn't chase him.

He was catching up but I could do this all day. I wouldn't be beaten not by a kid.

I increased my speed and Childe began to fall behind a bit.

We ran back and forth throughout the yard for awhile. Most of the kids had gotten bored and moved on to something else but Childe was still smiling.

I was now standing on top of branch looking down at the boy.

"Do you give up yet?" I asked ready to move whenever he did.

"No never!" Childe shouted.

"You guys have been doing this for an hour now." Rosa said finally looking up from her book.

"Ah thats a little too long." I said with a sigh.

I hopped down from the tree and landed right in front of Childe. He fell back with a thump and landed on his behind.

"Come on Childe we can finish this another time. Children its time to go back inside!" I shouted the last part for all of them to hear.

They hurried over to the doors giggling and laughing the whole way.

I turned my attention back to Childe and held out a hand.

"How are you so quick?" He asked taking my hand.

I pulled him up off the ground.

"Maybe its from chasing you kids all day." I replied with a smile.

Childe laughed in reply.

"Dads fast too. I wonder whos quicker..."

I held Childes hand as we walked back to the rest of the children.

I wasn't sure I wanted to know the answer to that question.

But if I ever had to run from him I'm sure I'd find out.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««