[XXXIII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

As I looked around my heart began to increase from an impending sense of dread.

I looked all throughout the park and then again.

But he was nowhere.

"Dottore," I said swallowing a nervous gulp.

He looked over at me still grinning until he saw the nervous look on my face.

"What is it?" His face changed into concern.

"Scaramouche do you see him?"

I watched as Dottore examined the park. Just as I did he checked twice and then the panic set in.

His eyes went huge and he was up from his seat.

I followed after him as he made his way to Childe and Rosa.

"Wheres Scaramouche?" Dottore asked Childe.

Childe looked over at us confused.

"He's right—" Childe pointed to an area by the slide but there was no Scaramouche.

My gut feeling was getting worse now.

How didn't we notice something was off?

Dottore took in a breath.

He shoved his hands into his pocket and took out a pair of car keys. Tossing them over to me I caught them.

"Take the kids to the car and stay there." His voice was cold and finally I understood why he held such power over people.

Nodding my head I looked at the kids.

"Come on."

They didn't question their father and followed me to the car.

I had already decided I was going to help Dottore but first I needed to make sure the kids stayed safe.

When we arrived at the car I unlocked the back door and they both got inside.

I handed Rosa the keys and reached into my purse. Pulling out a pocket knife I gave it to Childe.

"I'm going to help Dottore. Stay here, lock the doors, and use this if anything happens. Do you have phones?"