[LXIV]

Dottores POV

Dottores POV

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I stood outside the small manor below the mountain watching as Pantalone softly knocked on the door.

The area was calm for a winery.

Not a soul in sight, but it didn't take much to guess why.

The door slowly inched open and red strands of hair were the first thing we could see.

When the door fully opened a grumpy looking man appeared. His eyes hardened and his mouth pressed into a thin line.

There was no doubt he knew who we were.

"Diluc was it?" Pantalone asked with a charming smile.

Diluc nodded his head and opened the door further.

"Come in."

He let us into the house and I followed Pantalone inside. Diluc closed the door behind us before walking past us.

The winery appeared welcoming from the inside. The soft lights illuminated the room to give it a warmer feeling.

But even with the atmosphere's calming effect it couldn't hide the amount of malice that seemed to be swarming in the room.

We took a seat at a long dinning table in the middle of the room. Diluc sat across from us and the silence began to take over.

Just like outside the inside also remained empty.

"I assumed one needed workers to run a winery." I commented breaking the ice.

Dilucs eyebrow twitched and he crossed his arms.

"Why are you here?"

Straight to point.

Pantalone coughed and reached into his pocket, "We're here on behalf of a dear friend of ours..."

He pulled the small piece of paper out and slid it toward Diluc.

Cautiously Diluc picked up the paper and began to read it. As he did his eyes widened for the briefest of seconds. He took a moment to take in a breath before nodding his head. He did not seem overly surprised at the news we had just shared with him. Which meant he must have known more than she assumed.