[XXVII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

The next morning when I woke up Kaeya was gone. He left a note on the table.

My Dearest,

I have a job to attend to so I'll return soon. Please don't worry about me.

~ Your Prince

I shook my head thinking about the note again. The day had gone by fast. Today was a more relaxing day. Some of the kids werent here and it almost looked like we'd close early today. Thats if Dottore showed up anytime soon.

I was lying on the couch with a sleeping Scaramouche. He must not have gotten much sleep last night because he was all dopey when he got here. The boy could barely keep his eyes open so eventually he just fell asleep. He looked so peaceful hugging the pillow. Rosa was playing chess with Childe who didn't look to be that great at it. While Rosa made calculated and slow moves Childe just threw pieces wherever.

I was surprised at his determination to win. This was there fifth round now. He had lost every single one not surprisingly.

"Checkmate."

And there was the sixth...

"Damnit! Miss Y/N shes cheating!" Childe yelled slamming his fist against the board.

The pieces flew up into the air and then clattered to the floor.

Rosa only sighed and began to pick them back up.

"I'm sure shes not cheating. Childe have you ever played chess before today?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yea! Dad taught me!" Childe replied crossing his arms with a frown.

"Yea and you didn't learn a thing." Rosa said with a snicker.

Childe slammed his hands down once more and pieces were back up in the air. Rosa let out a small gasp her work ruined in seconds.

"Lets play again!"

And so they played again and again and again... Eventually Childe was lying on the chess board exhausted. Rosa was now stacking chess pieces on him out of boredom. He didn't flinch or try to stop her.

Scaramouche moved around in his sleep till he was using my leg as a pillow.

I giggled at the peacefulness of the situation.