[XVIII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Both Kaeya and I stayed silent.

I was ready to strangle him.

The little bastard...

I turned my head to Kaeya. He was staring down at the table but he knew I was looking.

"Kaeya what were you thinking," Diluc said with disappointment.

Kaeya frowned.

"It was a good try though right? I was just trying to check up on her." He looked over at me and gave me a nervous smile.

I could tell from the way he was looking at me he wasn't telling the full truth.

"Honestly Kaeya if you were going to show up I'd rather you just stayed at my place without getting into trouble," I mumbled shaking my head.

"Aww, you'd really let me?" He asked his eyes lighting up.

I laughed at this.

"Not anymore."

He pouted in reply and crossed his arms.

"Well, it's too late now. We'll just have to move her—"

"I can't," I said interrupting Diluc.

He looked at me suspiciously.

"Ah, that's right She's running a daycare now," Kaeya explained.

Diluc's face changed once more into surprise.

"A daycare? That is well I'm not sure. It's fitting but at the same time..."

He began mumbling a bit of stuff and I giggled.

"They're cute kids. I can't just get up and move. There's more to the story as well..."

I couldn't just up and leave the daycare. What would the kids and their parents do? Technically, if I really was in immediate danger, I might have no choice, but those kids could go nowhere. At least not close by.

"You're not going to believe this one, but Il Dottore is one of the men who brings his kids to her daycare." Kaeya snorted.

It was such a weird thing to think about.

Diluc rubbed his temple.

This must have been stressing him out.