[LIII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I had awoken to the sound of birds chirping that day.

Usually, it would be something I enjoyed, but today it only made my head split.

I had laid there most of the morning. Nobody had come to bother me and there was a glass of water, a pill, and a note on the nightstand. My whole body was in pain my fingers more so than the other day. When I looked down at them they had been wrapped back up again. I leaned over and took the note off the table.

I recognized Kaeyas handwriting immediately and groaned.

Hey,

I'm sorry about yesterday... I just wanted to put on a bit of a show for him. I didn't mean to hurt your fingers more. In good news, he said he'll give you some time to rest. The pill should make you feel better. Sorry I couldn't give you anything for your fingers. If you need anything just ask.

~ Kaeya

I tossed the note to the ground and looked at the pill. I didn't think Pierro wanted me dead yet. So I imagine the pill was probably safe to take. Picking up the pill and water I downed it.

The rest of the note was a surprise.

I definitely didn't do well enough to impress Pierro. So why had he allowed me time to rest? I wouldn't question it too much though. I had time to relax now and that was what I needed. If I wanted to go up against Pierro I'd need as much time to recover as possible.

The rest of the day flew by. It was nighttime when I woke up again.

I wouldn't be leaving my bed today it seemed. Nor had I eaten anything. Which probably wasn't good but I didn't want to get up yet. I wasn't even sure I could get very far. Plus I wanted to avoid Pierro for the time being.

There was a knock at the door and I glanced over.

"Can I come in?"His voice was soft.

"No," I replied turning away from the door.

He sighed and opened it anyways.

I could feel the crushing pain in my heart from his betrayal still lingering. He acted as if he hadn't done anything wrong and that just made me feel even more resentful.

I heard him as he walked into the room.

He just didn't know when to give up.