[VII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

It was around 9pm now. Rosa had fallen asleep on a nearby couch and Childe slept on my leg. Scaramouche was still awake but his attention hadn't moved off Dottore.

Dottore still hadn't woken up but his heart rate had returned to normal and he'd be fine. The stitches were holding up and his fever was going down too.

Why hadn't he gone to the hospital?

I was already watching the kids for longer a bit more wouldn't have been bad. If he had just called and asked me to watch them the night I would have.

I could've brought them home but I didn't want to move Dottore around too much in fear of his wound reopening. Not to mention I'd have to walk. I don't think I could carry him that long.

"Scaramouche won't you get some rest?" I gently asked.

Scaramouche crossed his arms and looked away.

"I am resting!" He hung his head down and silence filled the room once more.

"Are you worried about him."

Scaramouche didn't look up only a small pouting noise left his lips.

I carefully moved Childe off my leg and grabbed a pillow from the couch to lay under him. Scaramouche refused to look up as I approached him. When I bent down he glanced up. His eyes seemed to be distant and I wrapped my arms around his small frame.

I could feel it now. His body had been shaking and it seemed he was more afraid than I first figured.

He didn't try to fight the hug and relaxed a little.

"It'll be alright. Now he just needs to rest. He will get better."

The small boy didn't reply but I could see it in his eyes. The fear he held ran deep. It was something I had never seen in a child. That look in his eyes I had seen grown men with it.

I pulled him a little closer and began to rock back and forth. He relaxed even more as I stroked his hair moments later there was soft breathing.

I peeked back down and Scaramouche had finally fallen asleep.

My eyes trailed back to where Dottore was. He was still asleep and breathing normally.

A breath of relief left my mouth and I closed my eyes. I'd stay up as long as I could to make sure he was safe for these kids.

The night came and went. By morning I was still awake.

Rosa was the first to get up. I moved Scaramouche to sleep with Childe and got some cereal out.

It wasn't much but this place wasn't exactly stacked with food.

When I was done getting her some food I went over to Dottore. He was looking much better. I had watched him all night and made sure nothing went wrong. There was a small scare where his heart rate started up and his fever came back but that was the worst.

When Childe and Scaramouche woke up they seemed to be dazed and confused. Scaramouche was cranky and Childe well he looked like he'd eat all the food here.

It wasn't until midmorning that Dottore finally woke up.

The kids stopped whatever they were doing and rushed over. I stood over Dottore as his eyes slowly opened.

He blinked a few times before speaking.

"Good morning." His voice was husky as he sat up.

Tears began to well up in the kids eyes and Scaramouche bursted out crying. Dottores eyes went wide as Scaramouche jumped at him giving him a giant hug.

He groaned in response and I had to pull Scaramouche off of him. His nose was dripping with snot and his face covered in tears. This was the first time he had acted like his age.

Rosa comforted him as I began to remove Dottores shirt.

"Woah no date first?"

His smile was teasing and I sent a finger to his ribs. He lunged forward with another groan and held onto his stomach.

"Alright alright I'm sorry."

His bandages were red but the blood was dried. The bleeding had stopped and hopefully the stitches would hold.

Dottore looked down as well and his mouth parted slightly in awe.

"You did this yourself?"

He peeked underneath the bandages and then looked up at me.

"Were you a doctor at some point in your life?"

I let out a small laugh but shook my head.

"How are you feeling?"

He rose an eyebrow but didn't question it any further.

"Well I feel like hell but not as bad as yesterday." He stretched his arms out but winced in pain and put them back down.

He was lucky we were closed today. If any of the kids saw this they'd be horrified.

"You wouldn't happen to have any food?" He asked still with a light smile.

I nodded my head and returned a smile.

"You've got your choice of cheerios or lucky charms. Thats if Childe doesn't finish them off."

Childe was back at the table stuffing lucky charms in his mouth. He looked at us briefly before returning to shoving them down his throat.

Dottore attempted to chuckle but the pain stopped him once more. He looked back up at me and sighed.

"Ah and maybe some pain killers well you're at it."

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««