[XXX]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"Well I'm not sure." I replied rubbing the back of my head awkwardly, "But its as I said before. No man no kids."

Dottore nodded once more and finally our waiter showed up to end the conversation.

I felt a bit relieved.

She held two plates in her hands. Placing them down before us she checked to see if we needed anything else before leaving.

My stomach growled at the sight before me.

Oh this looks really really good.

I wasn't sure if it was because I was starving or because it really was just that good.

I picked up my fork off the plate and tried to eat as gracefully as my hungry stomach would allow.

I noticed a brief smile pass on Dottore face entertained by the sight.

"Whats so funny?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

Dottore took a bite of his own food, "Were you really that hungry?"

I felt myself choke on my food a bit and smiled sheepishly, "Well honestly the only thing I've ate today are cookies."

"That sounds like something Childe would do." Dottore replied with a light chuckle.

I laughed in return.

It really did. The boy was always hungry, but not hungry for healthy foods. Just sweets.

The rest of the dinner went great.

Dottore and I talked about different things and he explained more of his work. Of course it was only his cover up but he didn't know that I knew the truth.

From the picture he was painting. He was a single father with three kids who worked as a doctor, but not just a doctor a surgeon. It was actually very interesting. He worked at a hospital in the nearby area but Diluc had noted that he owned that hospital. Which meant it was the perfect cover story. Nobody there could deny it because he controlled it.

He also told me a bit more about his relationship with Pantalone. The two had been friends since University. They had met on accident as well. Which explained it since the two were doing very different things in school. Pantalone was involved in finances well Dottore did medicine. Ever since they'd basically been inseparable.

He unfortunately didn't explain how the three kids had happened but that might have been too personal of a conversation.

Dottore walked me to my car once more and opened the door for me to step in.

"Thank you Dottore. I had a really good time tonight." I said giving him a warm smile.

Dottore seemed a bit more relaxed now.

"So did I." Dottore took a piece of paper out from his pocket and handed it over to me.

"I would like to go out again sometime if you're interested."

I opened up the piece of paper on it was scribbled a number.

His number.

I looked back up at Dottore my mouth sightly agape.

"Sorry did I misunderstand?" Dottore gave me an awkward smile.

"No! Sorry I hadn't expected that." I replied letting out a short laugh.

My heart had skipped a beat and my shock was replaced by joy.

"I'd love to thank you."

He seemed very relieved at my reply.

"Good. Have a nice rest of your night Y/N." He closed the car door and gave me one last charming smile before leaving.

I watched him as he left and then looked back down at my hand. The paper with his number had he already prepared this?

I took my phone out from my purse and input his number into my contacts.

I put my phone back down in my purse and looked out ahead.

The realization was finally sinking in. Dottore had just given me his number and asked me to go out for dinner again.

And I enjoyed it.

I was very pleased with how the dinner went and found it was easy to talk with him.

But this wasn't good.

Il Dottore was a whole different kind of trouble. If I stayed around him theres no doubt the peaceful life I had built would crumble, but I wanted to try. Sure he was a mass murderer who experimented on others but who was I to judge.

I was no better.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««