[XXXVII]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

The next day arrived quickly. Kaeya hadn't asked where I went off to last night. He actually had left this morning which was surprising considering I was usually the one up early.

Supposedly he was going to stay with Diluc early and would be back "whenever he felt like it".

My god, it was like taking care of a whiny toddler.

I was sitting on the carpet with Kazuha when the kids arrived at their usual time.

Scaramouche zoomed past everyone and sat down beside me.

I still didn't understand where this had come from. What had caused him to be in such awe?

Dottore approached from the side and bent down to look at Scaramouche. He checked him over a few times tilting Scaramouche's head.

"Do you have a fever?" He asked concerned.

Scaramouche shook his head furiously.

"Did you bribe him with something?" He asked looking at me next.

"I'm just as lost as you are," I replied with a grin.

Dottore got up and looked back at the door.

"Are we still on for Wednesday?" He asked.

"Yes," I responded with a soft smile.

Dottore was happy with my response and turned back to look at Scramouche. Ruffling up Scaramouches hair he gave me a smile and then left. I watched him as he went, his coat trailing behind him. He was elegant when he wanted to be, but very dangerous.

I felt a tugging on my shirt and I looked down.

Scaramouche was staring up at me with his big doe eyes. He looked so innocent like that.

"What is it Scara?"

Scaramouche leaned in and cupped his hands around his mouth to whisper, "You saw Dad."

My body froze at the words and ever so slowly I turned my head toward him. He wasn't smiling nor did he look angry. He was just amazed.

"You saw what he did."

Never in all my years of working here had I been scared of something a child said.

It felt as if my lungs had tightened I couldn't respond. What was there even to say to that? My heart was thumping wildly as he continued,

"Dad doesn't like people seeing that. He might hurt you."

I took in a breath, "Why are you telling me this?"

Scaramouche huffed and backed away from me.

"None of your business!" And then he ran off.

I could only watch in shock and confusion.

Scaramouche ran over to Mona and sat beside her. He looked back over at me from across the room and then looked away.

"Ms. Y/N what's wrong with Scaramouche?" Rosa asked coming up behind me.

I shrugged my shoulders and crossed my arms.

"I think he's just hungry or moody or both."

Scaramouche heard that and crossed his little arms in anger.

Rosa giggled at his reaction before going over to see him.

I laid back on the carpet and spread my arms out.

I was in trouble now. If Scaramouche knew, it would be impossible for Dottore not to know, but who had seen? It had to have been Scaramouche but why had he warned me?

I felt something nuzzle up against my side and I looked over. Kazuha lay beside me with a big smile on his face.

"Sleepy," Kazuha said with a yawn.

I yawned as well and nodded my head.

Dottore seemed so normal this morning. Was he just that good at hiding things? But technically it didn't give everything away. I mean sure if Scaramouche caught me watching from the tree it wouldn't look good but he didn't know anything more. If Dottore did find out he would definitely suspect something.

So now how to deal with Scaramouche.

"Me sleep too!" I felt something land on my chest and I let out a gasp.

Laying on top of me was Mona.

She was giggling at my pain and I could only roll my eyes.

Scaramouche was making his way over to us as well. He didn't seem pleased that Mona had run away from him.

"Nap time!" Childe yelled running over.

He lay by my other side and the rest of the kids followed.

"Hey wait a second--!" I was stuck now.

Childe and Kazuha both clung to one of my arms and Mona was already passed out on top of me. Rosa moved closer to read her book near us.

Scaramouche approached but made his way behind me. He sat down on the ground and pulled a small capsule from his pocket.

When he opened it up a big grin crossed his face. I could feel my stomach sink from the scent.

Shit, he wouldn't dare--

But he did he turned the capsule upside down and the powder dropped into my mouth. I tried to cough it but some had already gone down.

Holy fuck I was right.

It didn't matter that I had only swallowed a bit of it I was fucked.

I could feel my whole body going limp. I attempted to move my arm or leg but nothing worked. My mind was beginning to feel hazy. Scaramouche was smiling that evil little grin of his. None of the kids noticed a thing.

I struggled to keep my eyes open but I knew I wasn't going to win.

When my eyes shut I knew the next time they opened I might be looking down at my dead body.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

New Dottore fanfic going to come out today. Prepare yourselves.