[LXX]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I was only able to get a quick glance at the hand on my back, but it was clearly gloved.

They pushed me forward. I stumbled a bit but understood immediately.

I still had a job to do.

"Everything will be fine." I recognized the voice and though I was happy to hear from him I still wished it had been someone else.

The lights flickered back on and off but in that brief moment there were a few things I had noticed.

One: Kaeya was further away from me with a knife in his shoulder.

Two:  The person behind me was no longer there.

And three...

Dottores body had disappeared.

I wasn't sure if the last one made me feel relieved or nervous. However, I didn't get much time to think about it, I had to go.

If it was really Dottores body which had been there then I had to avenge him and the only way I could do that was finishing what they had started. There would be a time for grieving, but for now I had to keep going.

So turning away I ran for the entrance of the ballroom.

The lights flickered again as I ran and I could feel the eyes thats followed me.

"Y/N!" Pierros voice rung out amongst the silence.

But I did not stop.

If he wanted me he'd have to catch me.

"Wait Y/N—!" It was Kaeya who had called out this time.

But I could not wait for him.

The door was just up ahead and I could hear the footsteps racing up behind me.

My heart kicked into overdrive and I sprinted as fast as I possibly could to that door.

As I got closer the door began to open.

I didn't have time to slow down my pace but the opening flooded a bit of light into the room.

Those at the door were clearly visible and in their hands they held very large guns. Each of which were pointed directly at everyone.