[X]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

My foot tapped nervously against the floor. For the past hour my eyes hadn't left the clock. Aside from my foot the only noise was the ticking of the clock.

2 minutes.

There was 2 minutes left.

The anxiety was now at an all time high.

If he was playing games in these last two minutes I'd beat the hell out of him...

My fingers moved to my side in anticipation, but I couldn't find what I was reaching for.

The clock was down to a minute left.

I'd wait it out till the last second.

He was exactly the type to pull something like this, but at the same time I didn't want to assume anything not yet.

My eyes watched each tick.

Three...

Two....

One...

And there was nothing.

The silence was the same as it had been three seconds ago.

I took in a deep breath and got up from the couch.

My body moved like a robot. When I made it to my room I slammed the closet door open and reached in. Digging through the closet I finally found a box hidden beneath the mess. I popped the lid off and the reached inside.

The black pair of gloves slipped onto my hands just as easily as the last time I had used them. I reached back in and pulled out the rest of the items.

I laid them neatly on the floor. My hand brushing over them. So many memories threatened to rush back but I didn't have time for them.

I picked up the most important item and shoved it in my bra.

In truth I had figured this might happen. Before sitting I had prepared myself a bit for the possibility.

The next item I picked up and examined. My hand slid against the shinning metal and small bits of blood trickled down my finger.

I lifted up the side of my dress and placed the object in the holster.

Getting up off the ground I headed to my bed where a small purse was already sitting. The purse was in my hands in a matter of seconds and I hurried towards the door.

I couldn't help but glance at my reflection as I left my room.

What had happened to me?

My hair was tied back and my clothes were black. There were no bright colors, no aprons with flowers just darkness. The daycare teacher was not the same as this woman in the mirror.

When I finally made it to the front door I stopped.

After this was finished I'd burn it all.

The ride there was silent. My focus totally concentrated on the task at hand.

When I arrived to the venue I slipped to the basement.

There was a large man waiting by one of the doors. His eyes briefly met my own as I approached and I pulled a black card from my purse.

He nodded his head and moved out of the way. I didn't waste time. My feet moved quickly and I hurried down the long hallway.

I could hear the thumping of music up ahead.

When I reached the end of the hallway I stopped once more.

Any remains of the daycare teacher would have to disappear at least for now.

I steeled myself and let my expression fall neutral.

Opening the door was almost too much.

The familiar smell of cigarettes and alcohol hit me instantly, but I kept on.

This place was bustling with people.

I doubted it was ever quiet here.

The area I had entered was the main lobby. Most people stayed around here before the show and chatted.

I could already feel a few eyes on me. I couldn't stop I had to keep going. The walk to the main area was quick. My eyes darted to the timer on the wall.

There was another few minutes till it began but I had no intentions of waiting out here. I was not interested in chatting with anyone here.

The main room was quiet. The seats lined the whole place and at the back was a stage. There were a few people sitting already. They seemed to be nervous with anticipation.

I stuck further back as more people entered. Not bothering to sit down because the back had the best view.

The lights flickered and finally shut. When the room was full the lights on the stage began to turn on.

The people had shut up now and everyone was watching.

An older man in dark clothing wandered out onto the stage. In his hand he held a microphone.

My fingers twitched and I dropped a hand to my side.

"WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! TODAY WE HAVE SOME SPECIAL THINGS UP FOR AUCTION!"

The people clapped in excitement.

My heart thumped.

"Before we get into the little things we have a special surprise up for auction..."

The lights on the stage turned a light blue and pointed behind the man.

"STRAIGHT FROM AN ANCIENT KINGDOM WELCOME THE PRINCE OF KHAENRI'AH!"

The curtains flew open and my hand gripped the holster. A small growl left my lips as my eyes hardened. The people began cheering and clapping. Sitting on centre stage was the very man I was looking for. His hands tied behind his back and a blindfold covering his eyes. All well this was happening he kept that mischievous smirk on his face.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««