[XXV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Kaeya was waiting by the door when I returned. A cigarette sat loosely in his hand as he took a drag.

I pulled into the driveway and stopped just in front of the house.

Kaeya didnt bother to move but I could tell his eyes were on me. He tapped his finger nervously against the porch rail. Kaeya didn't smoke often, but when he did it was because something seriously worried him. I didn't need to guess on what that something was either. He had called me 5 times after I hadn't returned his message.

I opened up the drivers side door and made my way to the backside for the rest of the groceries. Kaeya watched he didn't ask anything he was waiting, waiting for answers.

I slammed the backdoor shut and made my descent to front door.

Kaeya dropped his hand letting the cigarette dangle, the smoke blew away in the wind.

Our eyes finally locked. He looked just as on edge as he seemed. Yet to a normal person his face would look stone cold. I nodded in the direction of the house and he dropped the cigarette stamping it out with his foot. He went inside first holding the door open for me as I squeezed in with the groceries.

"I met some interesting teenagers today." I finally spoke up when the house door slammed shut.

I kicked my shoes off and Kaeya took the bags from my hands and made his way to the kitchen.

"One was high off their ass the other very angry."

I followed Kaeya into the kitchen and he listened as he began to put the groceries away.

"Anyways. They seemed to be getting their drugs from a certain man so I decided to follow. For some reason or another the girl had this." I picked the gun out of my purse and tossed it on the table.

Kaeya glanced at it and raised an eyebrow.

"So why did you get involved?" He asked with a stern look on his face.

He was right to be upset but at the same time he couldn't blame me. He had started this.

"Because she was on something Dottores been fooling around with. I figured they'd lead me to him and I'd get to confirm to information with my own eyes but.."

"But?" Kaeya crossed his arms and leaned against the counter.

His stare was piercing but I wouldn't allow that to affect me.

"But they were going to cause a scene. So I did him a favour."

Kaeyas eyes widened for a moment and he hesitantly spoke, "You didn't...?"

"No." I shook my head and picked up the gun tossing it back over to him he caught it.

"Everything's in there you can see for yourself." I said placing my purse down on the table.

Kaeya didn't bother to check it and placed the gun down beside himself.

"That doesn't explain why you couldn't have notified  me at the least." Kaeya said clearly unpleased.

"Kaeya I understand your worries but I am grown and can take care of myself. If something truly was wrong I'd find a way to get out. I am not a little girl anymore." I crossed my arms giving him the same look of disappointment.

We stared at one another for a minute before Kaeya broke it with a sigh.

"Yes I am quite aware of that." He was grinning now and my scowl grew inreturn.

"Forget it you can cook yourself." I turned away to leave the room.

"Hey! Wait im sorry!" Kaeya was up from the counter and at my side in seconds.

"Whats wrong don't want to eat chips for dinner?" I asked with a grin of my own.

If there was one thing about Kaeya it was that his cooking skills were non existent. That man had never cooked a full meal in his life. If it weren't for other he'd be eating junk all the time. Not to say he didn't eat a lot of junk already but at the least he had people who would make him decent food.

"Alright Im sorry I won't worry so much and treat you like a child now please food I'm starving." Kaeya stated dramatically.

I waved him off and he took a seat at the table resting his head on it as if he had a long day. A long day of sleeping and eating probably.

"Oh yea that reminds me I've got something for you."

My ears perked up and I turned my head back.

Kaeya was still lying his head on the table but in his hand he held up a USB stick.

"You can thank Diluc for this."

I wandered over and took the USB from his hand.

Picking it up I examined it.

I was more interested in this than cooking now that was for sure. Maybe I could just check it out and then get on with feeding the starving man. I turned away from Kaeya and began to walk for the living room.

"Oh no you don't." I stopped in my spot at the hand resting on my shoulder.

"Food."

I tilted my head back to look at Kaeya. He forced a smile on his face but his tight grip on my shoulder spoke other words.

"Alright fine food first."

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««