[XIV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"I'm not sure its quite cozy here..." he mumbled swirling his wine.

"Kaeya I don't want you bringing your shit here you get what I'm saying don't you?"

He looked at me as if he was offended.

"Why what do you take me for? Do you really think I'd ruin your peace?"

I gave him a deadpan look and he only continued to smile.

"Oh I mean asides from everything that just happened, but you can't blame me for those men. I did nothing to provoke them." He said raising his hands in defence.

"I'm not sure if I should thank you or hit you."

"How about a kiss?" He puckered his lips up and I jabbed him in the side.

Kaeyas eyes widened and he winced in pain.

"Okay no kiss, but in all seriousness." He finally sat up and placed his wine down on the table, "What happened?"

My stomach felt as if it were in knots now.

It's not that I didn't trust Kaeya but a lot had changed since I had seen him last and I wasn't sure how much he knew. I also wasnt sure how much I wanted him to know either. Considering it was Kaeya he probably already knew more than he needed.

But then something crossed my mind.

The formula for the knock out drug!

"Did you actually give them the correct formula?"

Kaeya snorted and shook his head, "Are you crazy? Why in hell would I give them that."

I felt my body relax a bit.

That was good.

The chemical was very powerful and if tweaked with you could really fuck someone up. The reason this was kept secret was because it couldn't be traced. When Kaeya had to use it for work purposes he preferred nothing to be left behind.

"Why were they after you? Was it just for the drug?"

I nodded my head.

"From what I know that seems to be the case. You're right I'm not the same as I once was. Times have changed and so have I. If I had been more careful I never would have encountered either of them but its better I had."

Kaeya frowned.

"You'll get back into the swing of things and until you do I'll look out for you."

My heart fluttered and I smiled.

"Thank you Kaeya."

His smile returned to his face.

"Ah that reminds me you skipped my question you sneaky girl!" Kaeya pinched my face and I let out a squeak.

I didn't intentionally skip his question but it seems I had to answer now.

Sucking in a deep breath I explained everything up till today.

"You're kidding? Ahahah! Seriously?? Now thats a horrible coincidence!"

Kaeya was laughing his head off.

I crossed my arms and glared.

"It's not funny bastard. I didn't come all the way here to get back into this bullshit."

Kaeya rolled his eyes and leaned his head back.

"Y/N you know how this world works don't be such a baby."

But he was right.

The world never worked how you wanted it to.

Life always did exactly the opposite of what you planned.

I knew that no matter where I went I may find people from my past or people like them.

"Yea I know I'm just whining would you let me do a little of that?"

Kaeya chuckled and shook his head, "No can do missy. If I let you do that I'll be comforting you all night and feel even more guilty for showing up. Plus I don't have the money right now to afford your version of being comforted..."

"Hey 50$ worth of snacks is nothing compared to the junk you spend your money on." I tugged at his necklace and he gawked.

"Excuse me this is not junk." He replied removing my hand from his jewel.

"How many different necklaces and stuff do you have? Kaeya you have more than me."

He was admiring his necklace now. The blue jewel sparkled in his hands as he played around with it.

"Forget it, but really I lost my wallet... and phone... basically everything I needed to get home..."

I brought my hands to my face and sighed.

Shit I really was stuck with him now.

"Hey hey don't fret it'll be fine. I'll get everything back or figure it out..."

Of course the idiot lost everything.

"Passport too?"

"Yep..."

I groaned and dropped my hands.

"Alright enough about this all for now. Ive got a better idea. Lets watch movies and eat popcorn and figure out the rest tomorrow."

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««