[XXXIV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

His voice was both cold and stern as he called out.

I could feel a rush of adrenaline hit my viens.

It was time to go back.

So I ran. From tree to tree I ran as fast as my body would allow me.

Something told me if I got caught I'd be dead or worse.

He didn't bother to chase me. I knew he wouldn't not with the blood all over him, but that wouldn't stop him from calling someone else to.

I made it back to the park in record time and swinging down from the tree I landed in a pile of sand. The kids looked at me in confusion but continued playing on like nothing happened.

I got up off the ground and dusted myself off. As I walked to the car I straightened out my appearance and wiped the sweat from my forehead.

The kids couldn't see this either. They were perceptive especially Rosa.

My appearance was as cleaned up as I could get it. My body on the other hand was still surging. If any little thing were to scare me I'd definitely have fast reactions. Which I wasn't sure was a good thing.

When I stopped in front of the backdoor I looked in. Rosa had taken the knife from Childe who was trying frantically to take it back.

Maybe leaving children with a pocket knife was a bad idea, but if I had to imagine, Dottore would leave them with worse.

I knocked on the window and both kids jumped in fright.

They turned their heads with horror but that horror disappeared as soon as they noticed it was me.

Childe sat properly in his seat and Rosa was quick to unlock the door.

I opened the side beside the driver seat and hopped into the car.

I put out my hand to the back seat and Rosa returned the knife and keys.

"So anything??" Childe asked leaning to the front.

"Nope couldn't find either of them." I replied shaking my head.

They both frowned and I felt a little bad for lying.

"I'm sure they're alright. Dottore will find him. Plus I can't leave you kids alone too long." I gave them a reassuring smile and they smiled back.

"Yea I hope so. Who will I bully without Scaramouche!" Childe said crossing his arms with a huff.

"Your father maybe?" I giggled.

Childe shook his head profusely.

"He'd kil—ACK— yell at me!"

I didn't miss the elbow Rosa sent into his stomach.

Childe leaned over in pain groaning he held his stomach.