[XXVI]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

I took a seat on the couch and opened up my laptop. Kaeya was in the guest room getting ready for bed.

I wasn't sure I wanted him around to see this anyways. After all, not everything Diluc gave me was for Kaeyas eyes.

I plugged the USB into the laptop and the file popped up on the screen.

My heart skipped a beat at all the information that had popped up.

It was everything I had been looking at the other day. The USB had a file on Dottore, Pantalone, Kaeya, and ...

My heart stopped and I was so close to slamming the laptop shut.

I exited the folder and took the USB out of the laptop.

My mind felt fuzzy from the name. My heart rate had increased drastically and I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead.

I took in shallow breaths and I shakily put the laptop beside me.

I stared blankly at the ground fidgeting with the USB.

No that was a little too much information. I could understand why Diluc would provide it but I was not ready to go that deep into the water.

I sat there staring for a while longer.

My mind tried to push back the name and memories that came with it.

I took in a few deep breaths.

It was only information nothing more. I didn't have to open it if I didn't want to. For all I knew there might be more information in the files for Dottore and Pantalone so I couldn't get rid of the USB either.

I placed the USB down on the table and got up from my spot.

I'd return to it maybe tomorrow or the day after. For now, I needed to get it off my mind.

I ended up by the backdoor before I knew it. Opening it up I took a step outside.

The cold breeze brushed against me causing a shiver to run through my body. I let the door close behind me. The patio light was left on so there was enough light to see where I was going.

The sky was dark. I could not see a thing out there. Beyond my patio in a bit of open yard was the forest.

I stopped before the patio rail and leaned my arms against it. Letting out a loud sigh I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the wind.

The door behind me creaked open and slammed with a thud.

I could hear Kaeya as he approached me. He hopped up on the rail to sit. He looked down at me as I stared ahead.

"Thank you for making me dinner and putting up with all my shit," Kaeya said with a soft smile.

I glanced up at him. His expression made me smile back.

"Kaeya no matter what stupidity you get into you'll always be my friend," I replied empathetically.

Kaeya's lips twitched downwards and for a brief moment, he looked almost upset. His smile returned though and he wrapped an arm around me pulling me closer to the rail.

"You sure know how to make a man feel better." Kaeya laughed with a closed eye grin.

"Let go!" I huffed suffocating in his grip.

Kaeya turned around on the railing and pulled me into his chest.

I took in a gulp of air before he pressed my face into him.

"Come on enjoy the hug," Kaeya said pulling me tighter.

I struggled around in his grip before giving in.

I did as he said. I let him have his hug for a few minutes.

"Kaeya..."

He hummed in response still with his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"You can let go now."

He didn't reply and only squeezed more.

"Y/N." His voice had changed to something more serious now.

"Listen I..." He hesitated at first before continuing, "I'm happy."

I took in a small breath before pulling back. His arms loosened and I pulled enough to get out of his arms.

As I looked up at him I felt a pang in my heart.

He looked down at the ground with that same hint of sorrow he had just moments prior. We both knew what this was about but neither of us had the guts to say anymore.

So I turned away.

Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but I wasn't ready for that conversation either. Opening up the backdoor I made my way inside leaving Kaeya alone with his thoughts.

I would have to admit he definitely was a good distraction.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««