[XLIV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"Is anyone else supposed to be here?"

Dottore tugged me toward the balcony doors and we hurried inside.

"No nobody. Only two people have the keys to my house and both of them should be together at the moment." He rushed down the hallway.

I barely had time to take in anything around me.

We stopped in front of a door and Dottore opened it. He pulled us both inside and we stopped.

"Stay here and lock the door. If anyone comes here you call me with that phone. I will let you know when I'm back. Do not leave this room."

Dottore was dead serious.

I nodded my head.

"I'll be back." He squeezed my hand one last time before letting go.

When the door shut behind him I locked it.

What was going on and who else was in here?

If only two people had keys then I assumed one was Pantalone and the other was one of the kids.

Is it not possible that one of them came back? Maybe even both?

Dottore seemed convinced that was not the case.

The room I was currently in must have been a spare bedroom. There was phone on the night stand. Must have been what he was referring too because unfortunately my purse was on the balcony.

Which also was bad. If this was someone he didn't know then I was unarmed. I imagined he kept weapons around the house but I wasn't about to tare apart this room to find them.

Maybe I should just...

Before I could even finish my thought a loud pop echoed throughout the house.

My body stilled and my breath hitched. I turned my head back at the door.

I recognized the sound immediately.

Someone had fired a shot.

And when that thought had crossed my mind my body was moving again.

I unlocked the door and sprinted for the balcony.

My eyes were darting everywhere. There could be enemies at any point.