[IV]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

It indeed was a long day.

A small yawn left my lips as I locked up the daycare doors.

The kids had a lot of fun today at least, but it was very chaotic.

Childe constantly bullied his brother and Rosa would glare at some of the other kids. Eventually I had to put Childe in time out and from there it just got worse.

I backed away from the daycare and began to walk.

I didn't live too far away from the place either.

I was truly happy here.

A small town with little people and a big enough house. I also had a large plot of land.

The weather was also beautiful today.

A soft breeze hit my face and I stretched my arms out basking in the sun.

When I arrived home I stopped to look out.

I had a decent sized home and the grass around it looked like it went on forever. I had neighbours but they lived further away. Another benefit of living in the country.

The house was one story but the basement was large.

I walked towards the house doors and stuck my keys in the keyhole.

I felt myself stop.

My eyes flickered to the side and I noticed something.

An envelope.

I opened up the door to my house and cautiously bent down to pick it up.

The envelope was small.

I felt around it.

Whatever was inside was clearly just a letter.

I stepped inside the house and closed the door behind me. Kicking off my shoes I walked up a small set of stairs to my kitchen.

Taking a knife I cut open the letter and placed the envelope down.

A familiar scent came from the letter and I was ready to tare it up right there.

Unfolding the letter I began to read.

My Dearest Y/N,

I hope this letter finds you well and that you're enjoying your life. Sometimes I think of it myself, but alas thats not why I'm writing. I ha—"

I ripped the letter up.

Walking towards the garbage I dropped the pieces in.

I should have shredded it the moment I smelled his scent.

I walked slowly towards the open window and peeked out.

I scanned the yard but there was nothing. No movement, no people.

My hand turned into a fist.

Fuck.

I should have known this would have happened.

There are worse people who could have found me.

I walked towards the front door and peeked out through that window.

Again nobody insight.

Opening up the door I bent down to where the letter was.

The only scent that was here was his. Which meant there was a chance only he knew, but if he did he wouldn't go away.

I got back up and went inside. This time making sure to lock all three locks.

I walked back upstairs and dropped down onto the couch.

A sigh left my lips.

I could already see how this would go. He'd send a bunch of letters and eventually he'd just come find me in person.

My finger tapped against the side of the couch.

If anyone else had found me I'd have to go.

My heart ached at the thought.

I loved where I was and enjoyed working the daycare. I didn't want to go anywhere. I wanted this place to be my home.

Nobody would get in the way of that..

I wasn't going to figure this out today though. I had time and I'd use it to my advantage.

I got up once more and walked around the house closing each curtain as I went. I made sure every door was locked before I went to my bedroom.

The house was dark now. Nobody would be able to look in or get in. I took a seat on my desk and opened up my laptop.

When the laptop turned on my mouse hovered over the security camera app. Clicking it open I waited for it to load.

I had to be sure it was only him.

The app opened and I clicked on the feed for today.

There were a few cameras around the house.

I clicked once more for the front door and began to scroll through the time I wasn't here.

The feed moved quickly and I watched for any bits of movements.

It took a few minutes before I saw something. I paused the camera and replayed it back a bit. It was only for less than a second but my eye caught it.

A blueish white cape had flashed in the corner of the screen.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««