[LXIX]

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Hot red rage had filled my vision.

It was too late.

Everything was ruined.

I was ruined.

The knife I had been previously using found its way into my hand. In seconds Kaeya was slammed into the table with the knife pressed up against his neck.

Not a word was spoken.

The previous anger from Kaeyas face had disappeared and confusion took its place. His eyes widened with surprise and his mouth opened and closed as if he had something to say.

There was no way to describe the mess of emotions going through me.

The hatred and angry... but also the grief and sadness.

This was all his fault and that only fuelled my anger further.

Kaeya did not seem to understand and at this point I did not care whether he figured it out or not.

It was so close. So very close to his neck. All I had to do was shove it in as hard as I could.

"How embarrassing." Pierro was the first to break the silence.

His words seemed to snap Kaeya from his trance.

"Y/N...?"

I did not respond. He was lucky he was still breathing. Unfortunately for him those might be the last words he'd ever speak.

I moved the knife slightly away from his neck and in one swift motion I slammed it back in.

Just as the knife was about to pierce his skin it was stopped.

I hadn't even heard him move. His hand tightened around the knife and he ripped it from my hand.

"You've done enough for one day."

He threw the bloody knife to the floor and I finally acknowledged his presence. With empty eyes I glanced over.

I felt my grip on Kaeya tighten.

I had only seen that expression on his face once before and I was certain I did not want to see it again.

Pierro was aggravated and disappointed. I had just embarrassed him in front of his clients and close friends, but that was not the issue.

His lips remained in a straight line but his eyes were so sharp and fierce.

If looks could kill.