chapter 11 - alone

Start from the beginning

"You have four sketchbooks?" He asks while looking through them.

"Yep." I say shortly and continue to watch the rain.

"What's this?" He asked suddenly and I see him holding the tickets to the gallery.

"Tickets to the London Art Gallery."

"Who are you going with?" He asked and I roll my eyes. I do that a lot.

"I asked you, but you ignored me."

"I'm sorry Emily. I was just.. Busy." He sighs and walks to me, sitting on the opposite side and faces me.

"Please stop." I say a bit disgusted and turn my head. Truthfully, I was jealous. Very jealous, but Harry can't know that.

"What's wrong Emily? What happened to the sweet girl? This isn't you." He says and I scoff.

"How would you know? You barely know me."

"I do know you, more than you think." He says and I look down. Does he know about my crush on him? I mean, it's kind of obvious...

"Everyone ignored me for two weeks long okay. My dad wasn't home, Lisa got a boyfriend, Demi was with Niall and you and Jake both ignored me. I have been sick this entire week and it somehow doesn't go away, it's annoying." I tell him silently and he sighed.

"You've been depressed?"

"Harry, I've been depressed since my mom died five years ago, don't think it will magically stop because it won't." I snap and he sighs, he still doesn't give up though. Why doesn't he give up? He can't help me.

"Have you like... Ever hurt yourself?" He asks and I shake my head no.

"Good, that's good." He mumbles and we went silent after that. Why is he even here anyway?

"But, since I'm here now. I'd love to go to the gallery with you. If you still want to go with me of course." He says and I smile weakly.

"Yes I do want to go with you."

"Good."

"What are we going to do now?" I ask silently, pushing my legs to my chest and rest my head on my knees.

"I wanted to explore London today, but the weather didn't like that idea." He says and I smile a bit.

"Can we go to the music store? I kinda need new albums for my turntable..."

"What kind do you have?" He asks and I look up.

"A Crosley player, a red one." I tell him and he smiles.

"Of course you have a red one. See Emily Talbott, I know a lot about you."

---

"Who do you actually listen to?" Harry asks, searching through some random albums.

"I'm looking for Coldplay, Bastille and Shawn Mendes." I tell him and he nods.

"Why not One Direction or Ed?" Harry asks me with a pout and I let out a laugh.

"Because I have those already."

"You paid them all yourself?" He asked kind of shocked because, yes they are a bit expensive.

"Yep, I had a job at the bookstore last year." I tell him and find the Coldplay album.

"Had? What happened?" Harry asks.

"The poor old lady died and the store was closed." I say to him and he nods.

"Here, wait you have Coldplay?" He grabs the album and I nod, confusion easy to read.

"You like Coldplay?" He asks and I smile.

"Well of course, who doesn't like Coldplay?"

"That's why you are my best friend." He grins and grabs the other two albums too, walking away. Yep, best friend. Wait where is he going?

"Harry?" I follow him and he's already at the cash register.

"You are not paying." I warn him when he got his card out.

"Watch me." He says with a smile on his face and hands the card to the man behind the register.

"Harry are you mad? I can pay myself."

"I'm sure you can, but I wanted to do it." He tells me and I roll my eyes. He's spending too much money on me. It's not even worth it.

"Thanks." He smiles to the man and we walk out the store.

"I had to pay for myself, you can't keep doing this you know." I say and he chuckles and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"Come on Emi, it wasn't that much." His deodorant and cologne filled my nose, not in a annoying way, and I smiled. He seriously smelled like apples.

"Thank you Harry."

"No problem love, now let's go home and play these albums."

---

"What's your favourite Ed Sheeran song?" Harry asks when we listened to Bloodstream.

"That's the hardest question ever! I like Nina, Photograph, Sing, Kiss Me, Give Me Love, Lego House ...-"

"Okay okay I get it." Harry cuts me off and chuckles.

"There must be one, right?" He asks and I sigh and think.

"I think it's Afire Love." I smile and he nods, also smiling.

"Nice choice."

"Not to be nosy or anything, but who was that blonde girl?" I ask silently and Harry sighs.

"High school girlfriend."

"Do you like... Still have feelings for her?" I have to ask it.

"I thought I did. But when we hanged out these two weeks, I felt like something is missing. And I know that's not the right feeling." He tells and I nod.

"What's missing then?"

"I have no idea and it annoys me so much. I keeps me thinking at night, I can't sleep." He says frustrated.

"Do you still feel alone?" I ask him carefully and Harry looks out the window, not saying anything.

"I don't feel alone Emily." He whispers and looks at me, sadness is written all over his face.

"I am alone."

Dramatic music starts playing.