Chapter 199

Jean's POV:

"So it went well?" Reiner asked. We were on FaceTime as I laid in my bed.

"Yeah, I'd say so."

"Did you fuck?" I just shook my head.

"He just needs someone and I'm the only person he can get it from currently."

"I'm still hesitant but whatever, I know this is what you've wanted."

"It'll be alright," I said reassuringly. I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom, placing the phone down by the sink. "As long as we keep this between just us, we won't have a problem."

"But don't you feel guilty?"

I just shrugged, putting toothpaste on my toothbrush then bringing it to my mouth.

"Not really." I said, almost unable to make out my words.

"I mean, I get it. I know you've wanted Eren to give you a chance but what if Mikasa and Armin find out? That'll really hurt them both."

I spit into the sink. "Let me ask you something, Reiner. If Historia and Ymir finally broke up and Historia was willing to give you a chance, would you take it?" Then I went back to brushing my teeth. But then at the thought of Historia, I took it back out. "Can you please tell me what the hell is going on with you and Historia right now?"

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Fine, Jesus Christ. They're on a break." I tilted my head with furrowed eyebrows. "Historia wants to...explore." That is when I choked.

"Explore?" I exclaimed. "What do you mean explore?"

"Like...see other people." He mumbled.

"So you are fucking her!" I emphasized 'are' with true disbelief but excitement.

"Jean, please. I need you to keep your big mouth shut." He was already beyond fed up.

"Well?" I smirked.

"Yes, Jean. Historia and I have been...hooking up."

"How did this even start?"

"She just called me one night and told me everything and then somehow one thing led to the next."

"Do you think she's going to go back to Ymir?"

"Absolutely. But for now, I get to have my time with her."

"Wow," I slid down my sweatpants to reveal my black boxer briefs. My plan was to take a nice, long shower. "So I guess we really are in the same boat."

"Always second place. It's hard to compete when both Eren and Levi as well as Historia and Ymir were as strong as they were years and years ago."

"That doesn't mean shit." That annoyed me. Not because of Reiner but because it's true except for just one couple. "Mikasa had no problem fucking me over time and time again."

"Well, you know how I feel about that situation." Reiner smirked. He 100% believes Mikasa will give me another chance in the future. I try not to think about it because I truly believe I don't have a shot. I'll never stop loving Mikasa but that ship has unfortunately been forced away and I really don't think going back to grab it will do me good. "Maybe not in high school...maybe when we're older. You both just need to get over Eren first." He laughed.

"God, I don't know how he does it." I shook my head, turning on the water on. "He has so many people at his damn knees."

"Luckily, I'm straight so I don't have to deal with this."

"I was until Eren was my sexual awakening. But I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." He nodded.

"You coming to my game tomorrow?"

"Yes, Jean."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

"See ya."

Yeah, maybe I am a bit of an attention whore. I somewhat thrive off of affection and attention...okay, maybe not somewhat. But having everyone go to my game boosts my confidence. I'm not a narcissist, I just secretly don't like who I am as a person so this is just validation from the people I care for the most.

That was one of my favorite things about Mikasa. Didn't matter what mood she was in, if she knew I needed someone, she was by my side and allowed me to be vulnerable. Nowadays, I've just resorted back to being the tough guy for the people around him.

I guess some things never change.