Chapter 131

Eren's POV:

Practice was over. We were all covered in sweat with our hair sticking to our faces. Mine specifically. It's not exactly comfortable having my hair up with this helmet on. I hung my shoulder pads up on the hook in my locker and sat on the bench. I started to drink water out of my green Gatorade bottle and then poured some over my head as well.

"Am I still taking you home?" Reiner asked. He had a towel around his neck without a shirt on.

"I think I'm gonna ask Jean."

"You're so nosy." He laughed. I waved him over to me so I could whisper in his ear.

"Armin told me about him and Jean. He didn't say things Armin told me. I wanna see if he'll spill."

"Ohhh, gotcha." He nodded and backed away. "Keep me updated." He kept his voice at a whisper. We departed and I went up to ask Jean if he'd be okay with taking me home. I'm not that far off from having enough for the car I want so I hope this inconvenience stops soon. Once I asked Jean, he was okay with it and we were both off to his car.

"Your house or Levi's?" I love how everyone just asks that now since we're practically inseparable.

"Mine." We opened our car doors and sat inside. "Jesus Christ, why the fuck is the seat like this?" The seat was all the way back, laying all the way down.

"Marco was taking a nap?" It came out as more of a question meaning he definitely fucked someone in the very seat I'm sitting in.

"Speaking of," Jean started to pull out of his spot as I rolled my window down, "what's going on with you and Marco? Did you ever hear me out?"

"It's complicated."

"How so?"

"Because, I'll admit, I have the strongest feelings for Marco. But there have been multiple times when we're...doing our thing...and then I just see..." Jean was trying to find the strength to continue but I knew the subject was difficult.

"It's okay, Jean. I know what you mean." He sees Marco where he last saw him. It was traumatic for him. The reason we didn't invite him to the gym all the time was because of Reiner. Sometimes Jean has a hard time coping with things from the past which is why I didn't want him remembering anything but that's on me. I was reckless. "Now what about Mikasa?"

"Familiarity at this point, I guess. She was my first love. She'll always be special to me."

"What else about it?" I knew there was more considering their history.

"That's it." He said nonchalantly in a way that made it seem as though he was clearly lying.

"Jean, come on."

"Alright, fine. I just don't think it's fair." He seemed more heated. "She knows about the life we used to have when the war was over. She knows how much I loved her and how I cared for her, how much I loved Scarlet."

"Scarlet? Who's Scarlet?"

We were at a red light and he lightly smacked his head on the steering wheel.

"Our daughter, Eren. Scarlet was the name of our daughter." He said it in a way that it was ridiculously obvious who it was. Sorry I was dead.

"Oh."

"So I don't understand why when I treated her better than you ever could, no offense."

"None taken."

"And she still went after you!"

I always thought that was messed up on Mikasa's end as well as my own. We all knew from the very beginning how much Jean loved Mikasa. Even back then we knew.

"There's either two ways you could go about this. Either you're just not meant to be or she's just not mature enough to realize how great you are."

"Maybe you'll need to die again for her to realize." He rolled his eyes. Luckily I knew it was a joke so I didn't take offense. I'd be upset too if I was him.

"How did you start hooking up again anyway?"

"She came to me, bro. That's the weirdest part. I knew about her whole bullshit with Annie. I figured it out. So why was she visiting me in the mental hospital and then taking care of me when I got home? I couldn't tell you. I think it's an attention thing. I don't know what other damn reason it could be that she does the things she does other than attention. Her whole young life she had spent it fighting and protecting you, that's all she knew. Now we're in a world where that's not a thing anymore and she doesn't know how to fucking act."

"Yeah, I could say Mikasa is a bit of an attention seeker. Give it a couple years, she'll be okay. It's just a phase. You know girls are dramatic."

"Eren, she's the only one. Ymir and Historia don't bother anyone, Sasha and Connie are attached at the hip, Hange is Hange, and Annie is antisocial but let's Mikasa rope her into her shit."

"Dude, I think you need to distance yourself from Mikasa. You got her hooked, man. She'll keep coming back. I promise you." I do genuinely believe there's a chance for them as well as Jean and Marco. It's a matter of Mikasa's attitude and Jean's hallucinations.

We pulled in front of my house and I invited him inside. He whined as he does and said he didn't wanna leave the car so I asked if we could drive around instead. He agreed as long as I gave him gas money. So we were back on our way.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do about Armin." He shook his head, adjusting his sunglasses.

"Why? What's wrong with him?"

"Literally nothing. It's me."

"Shocker." He whacked my chest as he continued to drive. "Ow." I said over dramatically.

"I need your help on this shit, okay? You know Armin better than anyone. What has he told you? I know he's told you things and only you. I know you knew."

"What makes you think I knew?"

"Eren, you said 3, okay? I'm not an idiot."

"Very true." I nodded. I lowered the sun visor and opened the mirror to check any imperfections. I'm shocked Levi hasn't said anything about these eyebrows of mine. "He told me about the texting and the sleepovers. Is that true?" I knew it was true, never has Armin ever lied to me.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Every day, I'll text him good morning. Sometimes we'll FaceTime. Then he'll come over. We watch movies, we fuck, then it turns into a sleepover, I'll make him breakfast. All that."

"God, you're such a fuckboy." I closed the mirror and started to laugh. "I'm sure you do the same with Marco and Mikasa, right?"

"They're all very different. Marco, I actually take him out. He's the only one I take out on dates and what not. Mikasa is a booty call. Then Armin is the glorified booty call."

"Glorified booty call, what a name." I rolled my eyes and lowered the window, sticking my arm out. "Just do me a favor. Don't fuck him up. This is between us, but Armin really likes you and if you're going to keep doing this shit, just be careful with it. He's already attached. So at this point, for his sake, either let him down gently or take him out."

"On a date?"

"No, kill him. Yes, take him on a date, you horse!"

He's so dumb sometimes, I swear he spends too much time with Connie.