Chapter 171

Levi's POV:

The school day was finally over. I could leave this hellhole and take my presence elsewhere such as my room. Today was hard. Just as hard as I expected it to be so at least it wasn't worse. I got to my locker for the first time today, not needing to take a few things. I was shocked I didn't forget its combination. But when I opened it, I absolutely dreaded what was hung on the door.

You got this sweetheart! I love you so so much!

- Mom

I swallowed hard, feeling like I couldn't breathe.

Eren, I need Eren.

I shakily took out my phone. I was going to have an anxiety attack. I was trying to do everything I could to prevent it. I couldn't text so I called. I was grateful he picked up; I know he's on his way to football practice. But I couldn't speak.

"Levi? Levi, you okay?" He asked.

"No." I whispered. I heard him talking to some people in the background but everything was a jumbled mess, I couldn't make it out.

"Where are you?" He sounded more concerned than before.

"Locker." He kept talking but I couldn't answer. I was too focused on keeping myself steady as I held onto the locker door but unfortunately keeping my eyes on the yellow sticky note my mom had left me. I felt tears rushing down but I clenched my jaw to keep a straight face. "I'm sorry."

"Levi!" Eren came running around the corner. Once I heard his voice, my body gave out. I fell to my knees but he was quick to catch me. "I'm here." He held me close from behind. I'm sure tons of people were staring at us which only made me feel worse. I felt completely numb; almost like my body wasn't even my own.

"The note." I still stared at the bottom of the locker, scared to put any energy elsewhere. "Throw it out." Eren looked up and took it down. "Rip it, crumple it up, get rid of it."

"I'm not gonna do that, Levi." He whispered.

"Please." My voice was still shaky. I felt like if I tried to argue, I'd just sound stupid. He didn't answer as he put the note in his pocket. He stood up, lifting me along with him and turned me to face him. He wiped the steady tears from my eyes  and kissed my forehead. Receiving affection just made me feel worse. "Do you have to go to practice?" I looked up at him feeling some hope but preparing for reality.

"Yeah." He sadly nodded and whispered, "you know I'll come over after, I promise." I nodded and felt my head beginning to pound. I didn't want him to leave. He took my hand and closed my locker with the other. "If you want, you can watch us practice. You can ask Hange to come so you're not alone."

"I don't know if I'd wanna spend more time here, Eren."

"Right, right I'm sorry."

I know I shouldn't be upset that he has to go to practice instead of going home with me but that's just the narcissist in me.

"You promise you'll be over right after practice?"

"I promise."