Chapter 23

Levi's POV:

All that was left was me and Zeke. His spinal fluid was in the wine the men drank. He thought I would hesitate to kill. But he must not have realized how desensitized I am to the thought of hurting someone who will hurt me. I was taking us back to the Walls. When he was still unconscious, I was able to impale him with a thunder spear. One wrong move and he dies.

"I bet you wish you were dead right now." I said as I watched him choke. "Not that I sympathize. Bastard, you used my comrades like cheap toys." I took my blade out. "You planned this. Did you think you'd end up here? Sobbing into your own filth?" I cut the front of his feet off as he screamed in agony. "Shut your mouth, I have no choice but to cut you in pieces." Which is exactly what I did. "If I don't, you'll turn into a Titan again." His cries grew louder as the blood shot from his body.

I couldn't believe everything that's happened. This was all Eren's fault. I've saved him again and again, watching more of my comrades die every time. I wanted to believe he could bring the smallest glimpse of hope. The hope I had for myself. Me and him. Together. And this is where that belief has gotten me. It's like I'm the punchline of some awful joke. What the hell became of the hope we all looked towards? All that struggle, all that death. For this force. It's such bullshit, it's not even funny. How could Eren do this to humanity? How could he do this to me? I always knew. I was foolish enough to believe it wasn't true at one point. Now I know to never put my trust in anyone ever again.

We were on the move again. It was getting dark and it started to rain. He had been unconscious for a while.

"Eldia Euthanization." He croaked.

"Euthanization? Well you're about to die inside a Titan's disgusting mouth, all while hearing the sound of your body being chewed into tiny pieces. I'd say that's a pretty merciful way to kill you, right? When you consider the way that you stole my comrades lives."

"I stole nothing. Actually, I saved them. Them and the children they would've borne. Their deaths save them from this cruel world."

"It looks like your legs are starting to grow back." I pulled out my blade once more. But Zeke screamed, forcing his body back. The wire lifted itself from the thunder spear and it exploded.

I was going to die. I was going to die before I got to save humanity. I was going to die before I got to really kill Zeke. I was going to die before I could fucking kill Eren myself. Before I could even see him one last time.

Goodbye Eren. Fuck you for everything you've done.

I love you.