Chapter 41

Levi's POV:

It had now been 5 months since I had last seen Eren. Within that time, Armin and Annie got engaged, Mikasa is now 6 months pregnant, Connie comes over more frequently, and I haven't changed.

Today I made the bold decision to ask Gabi if we could visit his grave again. Of course she said yes. Before we had reached our destination, she picked up 2 roses once more. This time both of them laid on my lap rather than them being tucked under her belt. Once we stopped, I handed her a rose and she walked a few feet behind me.

"Hey." I whispered, looking at his name. "Not sure why you did the same shit you did all those years ago but it sucks. Telling Mikasa goodbye and leaving me with nothing? I knew I wasn't crazy. I knew you weren't just my fucking imagination. What the hell is this, Eren? What are you?" My voice grew louder the more frustrated I became. "Is this still some lingering bullshit you have left? Something with the Founder? Is that why you can do this? I know you're choosing this, Eren. I know you can come see me whenever you want. You're in control of yourself so why hide?" I knew getting upset wouldn't compel him so I eased my aggressive tone. "I didn't say I love you the last time I saw you. The one time I fall asleep before saying it. It would only make sense. Well then I guess I'll make this the end. Eren, you are undoubtedly the most idiotic, reckless yet most beautiful person I have ever met in my entire life. I miss seeing your stupid smile every day. I miss hearing your voice. Not your absolutely ridiculous one where you're trying to intimidate people and try to talk like me. The one where you talk really fast and whiny and then you start laughing because you know how ridiculous you sound. I miss your eyes. You were always able to read me by my eyes and I was also able to read you by yours. I wanted to be there for every emotion you were feeling. All I ever wanted to do was protect you. That's the one thing I couldn't do. But you kept saying that you believe in this reincarnation bullshit so I'll hold you to that. Maybe in another lifetime I actually will be able to protect you. That's all I want. To keep you safe. And to love you. And for you to love me." I kissed the rose and dropped it down below. Gabi took that as her cue to walk back over and she placed her rose next to mine.

I was now alone in my room. Laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I kept the lights off even though I wasn't planning on sleeping any time soon.

"I said goodbye to Mikasa, not you." Eren's voice made me jump as my entire body shot up from its laying position.

"Holy shit." My heart was pounding out of my chest. He sat next to me on the bed and started to rub my back to calm me down. "Where the fuck have you been?"

"Been busy." He shrugged.

"Busy? Doing what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What the fuck could a ghost be busy with?

"Figuring stuff out."

"Figuring what out?"

"Well...for starters, do you want to be with me?"

"What kind of stupid question is that?"

"Answer it."

"Yes Eren, you brat, of course I want to be with you."

"What about right now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Would you leave the life you have right now to be with me?" I had to think. It was a scary question to ask. Would I? That would mean I'd leave Gabi and Falco, Mikasa and the baby, Connie, everyone. But to be with Eren? Finally a real chance?

"Yes." I whispered. His eyes lit up with joy.

"Are you sure? I know you've thought about it a lot but are you positive?" I nodded. He laid us down and we both shut our eyes.

Once I had opened them again, it was white.