Chapter 68

Eren's POV:

It was after school where Jean and I were at basketball practice. After this, I was going to Mikasa and Levi's for the first time in 2 years. I wasn't sure whether I was going to be hanging out with the both of them or just Levi and that made me nervous. I started thinking of all the possibilities until a ball came straight for my face.

"Hey idiot," Jean shouted, "I'm talking to you." I ran and picked it up off the ground and dribbled back.

"Sorry, I'm just thinking about later."

We had a drill where one was on defense and the other was on offense. This time Jean had the ball. Our feet shuffled across the court in a zigzag formation. With every turn, we switched from his left to right hand.

"Because of Levi?" His voice was shaky from all the movement.

"Yeah."

Once we got to the end of the sideline, we switched positions and it was my turn to have the ball.

"You'll be fine. Especially after Mikasa talked to him."

"What did she tell you?"

"She said they had a long talk and that was it." I dribbled the ball in between my legs and laughed at my recent unlocked skill. "Show off."

"Did you ask her to Winter Wonderland?" We switched positions again, we had to keep up with this 3 more times. These drills are so draining but they're needed. Jean and I talked about wanting to be good enough for the high school team in a couple years. We're already starters so that's a step in the right direction. He's a forward obviously due to his height and I'm the point guard because I have a good handle on the ball. Plus I have a pretty good shooting arm. The whole gang comes to our games and cheers us on. It's nice thinking of how close we all are. I'd much rather stress about basketball and homework rather than people dying and Titans. Sometimes I question if I miss it. Only aspects of it. Like Turning into a Titan must've been cool. Not the big skeleton one, that thing was scary. But the Attack Titan. I probably kicked some major ass with that. The ODM gear was probably sick too.

"No." He groans.

"What, why?" The hell did he talk to her about then?

"I asked her if she wanted to hang out instead."

"Where at?" He smirked. "Jean...where?" I smirked back, figuring out the location.

"I'll see you at the Ackerman house. I just gotta get flowers first."

"Didn't take you as a romantic." I was impressed.

"Well for her, I need to make an impression." I can't help but laugh to myself. Just knowing the past they once shared is still baffling to me. How on Earth did he even get the chance with her? She must think it's funny watching him try his best a thousand years later. "I want to ask her to be my girlfriend." No way. Jean asking out Mikasa?

"When?"

"Winter Wonderland."

"Do you think she'll say yes?"

"No clue."

We finally finished the drill and had the chance to take a water break.

Would she say yes?