Chapter 161

Eren's POV:

It was nice being with everyone. It'll never get old for me. I hope that when we all graduate, we'll stay friends like this. I mean, how could we not? With everything we've been through, we'll most likely always stick together. In this moment, it almost feels like we're back in the dining hall. Sasha and Connie are devouring their food, Jean is asleep on the table, Reiner is scrolling on his phone trying to ignore Historia and Ymir's constant PDA, Mikasa and Annie are being their shy selves but striking up a conversation nonetheless. The first thing Levi asked our waiter was if there was any food that wasn't frozen in a bag and he said steak so I'm wildly curious as to how that's going to treat his small stomach but I'm proud of him for trying. And last but not least...Armin. Even if Jean was awake, he'd probably still be too idiotic to see the sadness all over Armin's face. But that's where Hange comes in. I didn't realize Armin had told her certain things so she's been trying to comfort him by rubbing his back.

"I think you should something." Levi whispered in my ear and scratching the back of my head.

"There's no point," I whispered back.

"Why?"

"Because Jean doesn't feel the same way. I also don't think he deserves Armin."

Levi sighed and rested his head on my shoulder, "you're right."

"Heartbreak happens unfortunately."

"Easy for you to say," Armin muttered. Shit, I didn't realize I was talking so loud. "Everything seemed to work out just fine for you and Levi."

"Listen Armin, I know you're upset but don't take your anger out on us, especially when we're in public." I tried to be reasonable. I never want to fight with Armin.

"Well too bad!" He said a little too loud. Everyone went silent at the table and it woke Jean up. He rubbed his eye and yawned. "I'm sick of everyone getting what they want except me!"

"Armin, are you okay?" Annie asked, seeming to care.

"No, Annie. I'm not okay. Like, what is it about me? Am I not manly enough? Am I not hot enough? Am I too nice? Do I care too much? What is it?" None of us really knew what to say. Luckily he was only loud enough for us to hear rather than the entire restaurant but it's still overwhelming.

"Armin, it wasn't that," she began, "you were more than good to me. I'm the one that didn't deserve you."

"Or you just wanted to kick me to the curb and be with Mikasa, right?" Annie stayed quiet after that. I still don't know what Annie and Mikasa are. Judging by my memories of them back then, I didn't see this coming in the slightest. I honestly thought they hated each other.

"No, Armin." Mikasa chimed in.

"You stay out of this, Mikasa. You're literally the center of all of this. First you date Jean, then Annie cheats on me with you, then you date Eren, then Eren and Jean fuck because he's heartbroken over you, now you're dating Annie, Jean lead me on for months, and now we're here. You have gotten everything you want in one way or another. You got Eren, you got Jean, now you have Annie. And what about me? Yeah, nothing." Armin looked over at Jean and saw his shocked reaction. "You know what," Armin takes a sip from his drink and lightly slams it back on the table, "you're an idiot," he says to Jean, "I'm in love with you. Hange, take me home." And with that, the both of them got up. Hange gave a silent goodbye but Armin left without a word. All eyes were immediately on Jean.

"Actually, I'm gonna go too." Mikasa mumbled from the end of the table. "I'm sorry." She sniffled, trying to hide her tears. "I'll talk to you guys later." Then Mikasa left with Annie behind her. Leaving me, Levi, Jean, Reiner, Connie, Sasha, Historia, and Ymir.

"I had no idea Armin was in love with you, Jean," Connie gasped. Well no shit, Connie. We wouldn't tell you anything like that. You and your big mouth.

"Me neither." He sighed, seeming disappointed in himself. "Did you know?" He asked us. Levi, Reiner, and I all nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Wasn't our place," Reiner said.

"You seemed so set on Marco, I didn't want you to second guess it only because you felt bad for not feeling the same way," I said.

"Jean, are you in love with him?" Historia asked.

He sighed and put his head in his hands.

"No."