Chapter 174

Mikasa's POV:

I just got home from Annie's to be greeted by Hange on the couch.

"Hey, is Levi okay?" I asked. "I heard him and Eren had a...moment in the hallway today."

"Yeah, he's okay. He just came down for some Advil. Probably has a slight headache. I know Eren'll be over soon."

Today was Levi's first day back and I know it was a lot for him to handle. Eren suggested that we talk to the guidance counselors to change his schedule around. It would probably be best to have him close. I'm proud of him for the progress he's made. To be honest, there were times where I got nervous he was going to...commit suicide. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Levi. Losing him the first time was hard enough. Although we've had our moments, he'll always be my brother and my best friend.

"Why isn't Eren already here?" Usually he comes right after practice. It's well past that.

"I don't know," Hange shrugged.

"I'm gonna call him." She nodded in approval as I walked to the kitchen to dial his number. He picked up on the third ring. "Eren? You okay?"

"Mikasa!" He slurred. "How are you!"

"Eren, where are you?" I was beyond disappointed. Seriously? Drunk at a time like now? That's low, especially for Eren.

"Where am I?" Of course he wants to play games.

"Do you not know where you are?"

"I do but do you?"

"Clearly not, Eren. Please just tell me."

"Horse." He laughed. I heard a big crash in the background. "My bad." He must've tripped and broke something. Idiot.

"Where's your car?"

"School."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and grabbed my keys.

"Where is he?" Hange asked.

"Jean's."

I slammed the door and aggressively got inside the car, pulling out of the driveway.

I think there's someone else that's in need of a phone call right now.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Jean, are you fucking stupid?!" I screamed. "Listen, I get you feel like Levi takes Eren away from your 'guy time' but he really needed Eren today so what the fuck happened?"

"What happened with Levi?" He seemed worried. I didn't give a shit.

"How the fuck did you convince Eren to go to your house? Answer that first."

"Him and Erwin just downed some tequila in the locker room so he was already fucked up."

"Willingly?"

"Not...exactly?"

"And you wonder why I'm with a woman over your pathetic ass." I hope that hits him right in the chest.

"I'm guessing you're on your way to get him?" He was quieter than before, clearly indicating that my plan had worked.

"I'm coming in now." I hung up the phone and stomped to the front door, shoving it open to find at least 15 jocks completely wasted. Of course, the ones who didn't know me made their stupid cat calling comments amongst others who claimed I crashed the party. But Jean and Reiner knew they were in some serious trouble.

"Listen, Mikasa, I'm sorry," Jean came up to me.

"Save it. Where is he?"

"Bathroom," he sighed.

I stormed over and went to open the door but it was locked.

"Eren, it's Mikasa. Open the door." It was silent. I wasn't in the mood so I lifted up my leg and kicked the door open. It swung so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hole in the wall. "Eren, come on." He was head first in the toilet. "Eren." I shook him awake, feeling absolutely disgusted knowing that he was able to fall asleep above sitting vomit.

"Hmm?" He groaned, fluttering his eyes open. "Hey," he lazily smiled.

"Let's go." I forced him up, not caring if he was sick or not. "You two," I pointed to Jean and Reiner, "you're lucky you still have your heads because you know just how easily I can crack your skulls in half." I took Eren to my car, holding him up the best I could. Getting him in the car was difficult due to his size but I'll manage. I buckled him in and raced back to my house.

"I'm sorry," Eren moaned out and then began to hysterically cry, "I'm so sorry."

"Save it." I knew it was because he was drunk.

"I fucked up so bad. He probably hates me now."

"He doesn't hate you, Eren."

"God, I love him so much." I looked over at him and noticed the snot.

"You're disgusting, Eren. Levi would be so grossed out." I went in the center console of my car and pulled out some tissues to hand to him. "But I know you love him. He loves you too."

"Wanna know something?"

"Reiner, Armin, and I were gonna go look for a ring next week."

"A ring? Eren, we're 16."

"Shut up, I know." He sniffled. "I'm obviously gonna propose after we graduate."

"Then why now?"

"Because I never want to lose him again. When shit gets rough, I'll have that ring to remind me that good times are coming our way."

"Well, whatever floats your boat."

We pulled into the driveway and I helped him out of the car. He stumbled a bit inside but was able to walk a bit better than before. I tried to help him upstairs to Levi's but he insisted on doing it himself. I sighed and went to sit on the couch with Hange.

"God, he's such an idiot sometimes."

"Well, at least he's here now."

"Thank god."