Chapter 125

Levi's POV:

"He hasn't answered any of my texts, it's 2 in the afternoon." I couldn't tell if it was me getting worried or me just being clingy. It could be both.

"You know, I used to sleep till 4 on weekends," Hange yawned. We were both sitting on the couch, playing Injustice 2. I'm sure it's not surprising to know my top character is Scarecrow. Hange's is the cliche Harley Quinn. Although, I will say she does have my respect because Hange's loved Harley since we were younger. We watched every episode of Batman: The Animated Series together. She became a Harley fanatic at age 10 and Robin was just another one of my sexual awakenings. I remember when the Suicide Squad came out, she ranted about how awful the movie was for 3 hours. She didn't need to take 3 hours simply because I was on board with her by the third word. Her words were 'that movie sucked', my words were 'no fucking shit'. That was the last time I went to the movie theater. It was that awful that I told myself I never want to spend money on overpriced snacks and overpriced tickets ever again. I'll wait for it to come on HBO Max or some shit, thank you very much.

"Yeah but not Eren, it's always been 12 the latest."

"You're so clingy." She laughed. But that laugh died rather quickly when I trigged my super move on her. "You suck!"

I felt my phone buzz beside me repeatedly. I paused the game and rushed to grab it, hoping it was Eren. But I was disappointed to see it was Reiner.

"Hey, do you wanna go to the gym today?" He asked.

"Just us?" I don't care if it's only us but I'd like to know where the other brat is.

"Well, yeah. Have you not heard from Eren?"

"No, have you?"

"No. He's probably still sleeping."

"This late though?" Something isn't adding up.

"Levi, don't freak out." What a great thing to tell someone. "Eren lost his fight last night."

"Shit. Was it bad?"

"Yeah," he mumbled, "it was worse than anything you've thrown at him." If that's the case, then he's probably really messed up. "Think he might have a concussion or something too."

"He's home now, right?"

"Yeah, he's home. Grisha was there so it worked out." Why would his dad be there? He can and I can't? I don't see how that makes much sense. "But do you still wanna go?"

"Yeah, come now."

"Okay, see you then." I set the phone down as well as the controller.

"Where are you going?" Hange whined.

"The gym with Reiner." I went upstairs and got dressed. This isn't sitting right with me. Something else is wrong.

Soon later, Reiner had picked me up and we were doing our daily routine at Yarckel Fitness Center. I found it interesting how we knew when another was more emotional than usual based on how we'd work out.

"There's something," I punched the bag twice, "you're not telling me," then two more times.

"About?" He held it in place, trying to seem like there's nothing else to the story. The last thing I am is an idiot and I know when bullshit is taking place somehow, somewhere.

"Let's start with the fight club." Reiner seemed to be more tense by the mention of it. "Eren tells me when he gets there, if he wins or loses, how much he wins, and then when he leaves. But what I don't know," I throw more punches, "is where it is," another punch, "who owns it," another two more, "or the types of perverts who go. So I'm going to start with the first question and I'll know if you're lying," I stopped and stood close to him to seem more intimidating. "What is it called?"

"It's called The Underground." If I had a fucking gun right now, oh my god. "And it's run by me." I turned around and lo and behold, there he was.

Kenny.

"Kenny," I grit through my teeth, clenching my fists.

"Reiner, hit the showers, boy. You got a fight tonight, you shouldn't be working so hard just yet." Reiner left, leaving just me and Kenny. "Long time, no see, runt."

"I don't have time for this." I went to walk away but he pulled me back by my shoulder.

"Hey kid, I mean no harm. I just thought you'd wanna talk to your ol' Uncle Kenny."

"Not particularly."

"Your friend, Reiner is fighting tonight. I want you to come."

"And fight?"

"Just watch. I know your little boy toy would have my head if I made you fight."

"Boyfriend." I corrected him with pride.

"Right," he smiled, "Eren's been bringing me a whole lotta money. But he finally got beat last night, poor thing. One second he was unconscious on the ground, the next he shot a man in the leg." Shot? With a gun? This is exactly why no one can ever be near Kenny. I'm not sure where I should be putting my anger right now. "But I'd like to see you tonight. Alright, kid?"

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"See ya then, runt."

I'm going to lose my mind in about 3 minutes.