Chapter 25

Levi's POV:

I was shocked to find out I wasn't dead. But I wasn't as shocked to find out that Hange was the one to find me. I lost 2 fingers and I'll never be able to see out of my eye again. I was in excruciating pain. We were in a forest alone. I didn't dare try to move. I felt powerless and weak. Although it was quiet, it didn't feel peaceful. I was on the fine line of wanting to let go of my spirit and die or getting up and stopping Eren and Zeke. I felt sharp needles running through my face. But I couldn't move my body. I was paralyzed. There's also the fact that I was barely conscious.

"Everyone got turned into a Titan." I felt the thread run through my eyelid. "But you alone survived. It must be the same reason you're still alive even with such an injury. Because you're an Ackerman." She took the scissors to snip the thread then pulled away. She wrapped me in bandages and went to sit by the crackling fire. "What to do now? It's not like we can stop Zeke with just the two of us." I can. "Guess we can only leave it to Armin or Commander Pixis now. Even if Eren betrayed Zeke, the Jaegerist's will still rule this island with the spinal fluid. And we'll be on the run on this island for the rest of our life. Perhaps it's simply our turn. Even though we think we're doing the right thing, once the time changes we'll find ourselves in the cells. Maybe we should just live here together. What do you think, Levi?" Not a chance shitty glasses. The filth you would bring in would be detrimental to my health.

Suddenly we both flashed to a place with bright light and sand. Some place in the middle of nowhere. Now my body was awake. It was Eren. "That was," she gasped, "it can't be...Eren's destroying the whole world? Levi!"

I used all my strength to sit up. "That Beast piece of shit...where is he?" He fucking did this. He manipulated a part of Eren into this. Hange grabbed my shoulders in a panic.

"You should lie down." She slowly helped me back into my original position. "Zeke headed to Shiganshina together with the Jaegerists. Half a day has passed since then. Just what happened?"

I blew the fuck up, Hange.

"I screwed up. I failed...to notice his resolve to die for his cause." I held up my hand that's missing fingers. "I let him get away, again." I was angry with myself. How could I have possibly been so stupid? I've always been so careful. But I got distracted because of my stupid personal feelings for Eren. I wanted Zeke to suffer, and in the end, it was me that did the suffering.

"I'm sure you want to get your revenge."

"But if we just...run away and keep on hiding...what will we have left?"

She seemed shocked that I was able to hear her. "Oh, so you heard me talking to myself."

"What are you making?" I looked over at the wooden boards she has lined up. "Are you planning to carry me with that by horse? I know you're not the type who can stay still outside of the action."

"Yeah, you're right. I can't." She softly smiled.

I need to kill Zeke. I hope I can recover as soon as possible to do what I've been longing to do since I saw that disgusting thing. This will end. But Eren...you idiot. You're really going to kill us all, aren't you? Just like I knew you would. From the very beginning, I saw that darkness in you even before you did. Now I think it's too late. You're in too deep. This grave you've created for yourself will continue to grow deeper and deeper as these hours go by. I wish you could've opened your eyes. You were meant for so much more than just destruction and domination. But here you are, ready to destroy everything. I'll never understand you, Eren Jaeger. I wish I did, I thought I could've, but I can't. I just can't.