Chapter 158

Eren's POV:

"Eren," Jean smacked the back of my helmet, "did you just fall asleep...standing?"

"Late night."

"Levi?" He groaned and rolled his eyes.

"He's fine. We're fine."

"Wasn't expecting that."

"Well first I broke his mug then next thing I know we're at the beach at 1am."

"He coming to the game tomorrow?"

"Who knows."

Practice went on and the weather was getting colder. It's insane how it goes from 80° weather to 55°. The cold is not something for me, especially when I have to play on a field outside. Sure, running around and moving frantically helps me work up a sweat but it's not like that makes it all better.

"You left before I got the chance to tell you what happened with Marco." Jean and I were on the sidelines, watching players on the team scrimmage. "He asked me about Armin."

"What?" I gasped. "I thought you said he didn't even know about you and Armin."

"That's what I thought. Until I fucked up at Historia's last party."

"God damn it, Jean."

"He told me he saw us making out."

"So what now?"

"He needs time." I smacked the shit out of the back of his helmet. "Dick," he mumbled.

"Tell Armin the truth."

"I was going to after practice."

"You need to, Jean. Armin is very...sensitive, you need to let him down easy."

Jean groaned as we were both called to the field. I really hope he's learned his lesson after this. Personally, I don't think he deserves either of them.

"White 80, White 80 set hut!" Erwin shouted and the play began. I ran far left, trying to get open but of course all the other guys on the team like to act like hot shit and try to get in my way. It was no surprise that I ended up being one of the best on the team. I'm tall, fast, built, aggressive, and agile. That's what you need to be in order to be a good football player in my opinion. We all decided to do contact sports because it's in our nature to get physical. That side never really left us. I mean look at me, Jean, and Reiner; we got involved in an illegal establishment for money, attention, and fighting as minors. Some things never change.

Jean's POV:

"Are you going to his house? Please tell me you're not doing this on the phone." Eren asked, putting his pads back on the hook.

"If I don't do this on the phone, I will literally go there and do the complete opposite of what I'm trying to do." Yeah, the opposite meaning I'd have him on his hands and knees.

"Please, I'm begging you," he pleaded.

"I know," I sighed, "I need to get my shit together."

Eventually, I got to my car but just sat there without turning it on. Do I go to his house and do this? Suddenly, Poker Face by Lady Gaga started playing on my phone.

"What?" I answered the phone. Yes, it's my ringtone. I will argue to this day that it's the greatest song of all time.

"Do it."

"Eren, will you shut the fuck up? I'm already stressed enough as it is."

"Didn't realize it was now the My Little Pony show." He laughed. I'll never be able to escape the horse jokes from him; I've just learned to accept it.