Chapter 24

Eren's POV:

I was back in Shiganshina waiting for Marley to attack. They had airships flying above with troops jumping.

"Reiner." I was ready to fight. Just as I have been this entire time. With the Armored Titan here, that can only mean the Jaw Titan is here as well. But with my new abilities inherited from the Warhammer Titan, they're going to have a much more difficult time.

I was waiting for Zeke. But if he was with Levi like I had suspected, there's a slight chance I'll never see him again. My brother. I've played along with Zeke's plan. The idea of Eldian Euthanization is not something of my design. So if he's dead, I'll need to figure out another way to get to Ymir.

After I had broken Reiner's face in two, he was catapulted a few feet in the other direction. When I had looked up to see where it came from, I was completely shocked to see Zeke. He had thrown a boulder right at Reiner with a direct hit.

"I'm later than intended but what matters is that I showed up as promised, right? You did well, Eren. Now let your big brother take care of the rest." Zeke had crushed rocks in his hand and threw them at the airships, making them explode in the sky. As he continued to crush Shiganshina, I had struggled my way up to stand. My heart felt darker than before knowing that one of the last things that actually mean something to me are gone. Levi was dead. He never would've let Zeke get away. Not my Levi. It was the final deciding piece as to why I should carry out my plan of betraying Zeke in the end. He killed the person that means the most to me. I limped over to him, ready to rejoin forces. I heard Reiner running up behind me but Zeke made a strike at him once more. But then Zeke had been hit by the Cart's turret gun. He was going to fall off the wall. He can't die, not yet. I needed to get to him. But the Jaw Titan had caught me from behind and dug its teeth into my shoulder. I was ready to beat the Jaw into the ground until my rising hand was shot right off by more of Marley's weapons. Before I was able to reach Zeke again, he roared, awakening every person who had drank his spinal fluid. We were about to be surrounded by Titans. After a few bullets had been shot, they suddenly stopped. I looked up at the wall to see. Mikasa. Damn you, Mikasa. No matter what I do, why are you still here protecting me? After everything I told you. Don't you understand? No. She'll never understand. Or maybe she does and doesn't care. Maybe she does understand that I had said what I said to free her from what she's doing now. She's spent her life protecting me without question. It's time I return the favor. If she tries to protect me now, she'll just get herself killed. Levi is already dead; I can't lose her too.

Once Falco had run up to devour Porco, Reiner had whipped back at me with a flying punch. As his fist was in my mouth, I had hardened around it and left my Titan form then started to run to Zeke. Reiner was hit with thunder spears. I looked above me to see Connie and Jean. I thought I was safe. Until Sasha's murderer sent a bullet right through my neck, sending my head floating through the air. Zeke caught it. So many memories flashed until I ended up in a desert with a blue light shining.

Finally.