Chapter 172

Eren's POV:

I felt terrible for Levi. My mind was on him for the rest of practice. Is he okay? Did he break down the second he got home? Is Hange and Mikasa home with him?

"Jaeger!" Coach Shadis shouted. "Get your head out of your ass and pay attention!"

"Sorry, Coach." I nodded.

I needed to leave and see him. I needed to leave to take care of him.

When we were able to go back into the locker room and get our things, I was moving as fast as a bullet.

"Eren!" Jean shouted and came up to me with a green Gatorade bottle. "I need you to chug this."

"What? Why? What is it?"

"Come on, Eren!" Other guys cheered. I looked over and saw Erwin had the same one.

"I'm betting $20 on this, please just do it," Jean begged. I snatched the bottle from him. "Okay, go!" Erwin had immediately started to drink whatever was in these bottles and I panicked, doing the same. It was fucking tequila. My throat burned and I felt my body rejecting it but I swallowed it down, ignoring the negative reaction I so badly want to have. I felt the bottle getting lighter until it was completely empty. I forced it away from my lips, gasping for air and threw the bottle to the ground. Everyone started to cheer for me since I seemed to have beat Erwin. I just wanted to leave. But judging by the way my head feels, I'm not sure if I can even do that right now.

"Guys, I gotta leave." I said, blinking frantically to keep my eyesight steady. Not sure why I thought it would work but it clearly hasn't. I'm hoping I can leave before it really kicks in but that got stopped fairly quickly.

"Come on, Eren," Reiner said, "come over to Jean's. Let's drink."

"I really can't," I shook my head.

"Oh please, do you just need to see Levi?" Jean added.

"Well, yeah," I nodded.

"Eren, I'm sure he can go a couple hours without you. Plus, it's probably good for you both to have some time to yourself. You're always together."

I didn't like what he was saying. But being that tequila is one of the few that I can't handle, I'm quite helpless.

"No, Jean."

"Oh please, he'll understand." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and led me to the parking lot. "See you guys in a few."

Levi is going to kill me.