Chapter 35

Levi's POV:

I had a new mission since I was unable to fight. Protect Gabi. We were both on Falco's back, scanning the battlefield on Eren's back. It seemed like the Titans were helping us. But only the ones we seemed to know. I didn't question it. Any help is welcome. One of the Beast Titans were hovering over Mikasa. But Gabi and I worked together to position the gun at it and we shot it down.

"I hit it!" Gabi exclaimed. Its eye started to bleed and it slipped down the bone it was clenching onto. Mikasa went and cut it open to reveal Armin covered in slime. A feeling of relief rushed over me. He was alive. "The Titans are helping us?"

"Seems that way." We continued to soar over. But then I heard a voice shouting at us.

"Hey! Over here!" We looked over.

"Holy shit..." I whispered. It was Zeke.

"You wanted to meet with me, didn't you, Levi?" Zeke shouted. Yeah I did, you fucking piece of shit. Talking isn't a part of this equation. I made that mistake too many times. So with every bit of ability I had left, I leaped off of Falco towards Zeke and cut his head clean off.

"That was for Eren, you disgusting pile of filth." I angrily said as I looked at his head floating in the air. I wish I could take that home with me and pin it on my wall but I'm sure that would be too much. I did what I needed to do. And for that, part of me is satisfied. But maybe even more so since my thought was correct, The Rumbling stopped. That was probably Jean's time to blow Eren's nape off. But when he did, the spine went to grab Eren's head back. Just like what Gabi had said happened the first time. Reiner grabbed onto the spine as I got back on Falco's back. This time along with Mikasa, Connie, Annie, and Gabi.

"We need to get away quick, Armin is gonna blow those bones to pieces!" Connie shouted.

"But Reiner!" Jean yelled back.

"He should be able to withstand the Colossal's blast. But Reiner knows what he's doing. He prepared for this." Pieck said loud enough to reach all of us. Falco then soared over and picked up Jean and Pieck, leaving Reiner. Armin let off the explosion, there should be no trace of bones left. But once we flew away, I felt my eye start to sting. No, I can't get emotional here. If only Hange were here, I probably could've turned towards her and let a tear drop, wipe it away, and turn back around. She always understood. And now I have no one. My Eren is leaving me and I have no choice.

We landed on the ground and Eren's enormous body of bones crumbled down. If I wasn't such a cripple, I probably would've run over there myself before anyone. But Connie had to lift me since I couldn't even stand on my own. Just when we thought it was over, Eren stood back up but in a Colossal Titan form. I was relieved he was alive but at the same time, I knew what needed to happen.

"We have to kill that centipede." Connie said to everyone.

"It survived the explosion, how can we kill it?" I asked.

"We have to go after..." Mikasa couldn't even finish her sentence. I understand how painful this is.

"Eren..." So I finished it for her.

A dark smoke started and it was coming from the centipede that was attached to Eren.

"Is it dead?" Mikasa asked.

"No, it doesn't smell like dead Titan." Connie replied.

We can't stay here. Not if I think this will turn out the way it has somewhere once before.

"Mikasa, Pieck! Get on Falco, we're getting out of here!" I ordered.

"What?" Falco was shocked. But why? I thought it was fairly obvious that everyone needed to get out of here immediately.

"What are you talking about?" Pieck asked.

"Ackerman's and shifters stay. You should know what to do."

"No way..." Pieck was also shocked by my words.

"Hurry!" I shouted, which I rarely do. But we have no time.

Eren summoned an army but Reiner refused to let it get past him. But it was a sad sight to watch Eren and Armin's Titans battle. I turned around to see everyone was turned into a Titan. Jean...Connie...Gabi...

This can't be happening. Eren, why?

I looked over at Mikasa and her head was pounding. She was having a headache. I know that's exactly what it is because I have one too. Clearly an Ackerman thing. But there's no time to complain. We have to power through it.

"Mikasa, get your shit together! We're the only ones that can kill Eren!" Ironic. The only ones that can kill Eren are the ones that love him with all their hearts.

"I can't take this anymore." She started to cry. "I want to go back. I wanna go home." She looked at me and saw the same sadness in my eyes. We both want the same thing. To go home. We wish this never happened. We both wish we could spend the rest of our lives with the same person. There's no battle between who could have him because it's up to us to end his life. She dried her tears and pulled her red scarf out from her shirt and tightly tied it around her neck. "I'll kill Eren. Help me do it." We both flew up to Eren. Armin saw us and tried to hold his head still. I threw a thunder spear at Eren's mouth, hoping it would create a hole for Mikasa to enter. It broke right through his teeth and she ran inside. The bones fell. Once the smoke cleared, Mikasa walked out with Eren's head in her hands.

At the sight, I had no strength left. I fell to my knees. I couldn't keep up my facade of coldness and emptiness anymore. My eye started to burn uncontrollably from the tears rapidly falling.

"You fucking brat!" I screamed, feeling nothing but agony. Especially when all of our memories came back that he purposely wiped away to make him seem like the enemy and us, heroes. It didn't matter if he was the enemy, I still loved him. While Armin and Mikasa were cradling his head, I felt a hand on my back. I wasn't at all surprised when I saw Hange's ghost. "Hange, I miss you." I choked out. "I want to be with you. I want to be with Erwin. I have nothing left." She backed away from me and stood next to Erwin. Along with everyone else I had lost. They placed their fists on their hearts. But it made me realize. The war is over. "This is the result of you dedicating your hearts." I placed my fist over my heart and bowed my head. I stumbled up and nearly fell back down but I needed to see Eren one last time. I wobbled over to Mikasa and Armin. They both looked at me with tears. I fell back to my knees. They were the only ones that knew about me and Eren. I never told them exactly how I felt but as time went on, it was quite clear. I felt the tears start all over again as I saw him lifeless. I moved the hair out of his face and kissed the top of his head.

"I love you, Eren. I'm sorry I never got to tell you. I don't know if you ever loved me but in a perfect world, I'd like to think you did. Maybe in another lifetime."

I'll love you forever, Eren Jaeger.