Chapter 119

Eren's POV:

Tonight was another one of the gang get togethers. The carnival was in town. I secretly loved these hang outs more than anyone else because I was a little busy for 4 years doing...other stuff...that one time. But it's okay! Because we're all friends again and everything is great. I'd say I'm a changed person. Either that, or the depression hasn't hit me hard enough yet to actually lose my mind. Life seems pretty alright honestly, so I can't complain. Just won my second fight, made $1000 from that, Levi and I are okay, and I don't feel the need to kill human eating creatures due to the wondrous fact that they're no longer in existence because of yours truly. Yeah...I really, really cannot complain.

"Levi, can we go to over to the ring toss?" Hange exclaimed as she pointed to section with glass bottles.

"No." If anyone didn't want to be here, it was Levi. But I'm sure that wasn't a surprise to anyone truthfully.

"Please?" Hange begged.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes and she dragged him by the wrist as I followed. The man told us it was $3 for 10 rings. I just stood back and watched as Levi and Hange both received their 10 after paying the worker. Hange went first and threw hers individually at full speed, missing every single one of them. Shocker. "Holy shit, you're awful." Levi had 5 in both hands and scanned the bottles to get the right angle. Once he felt satisfied, he threw the 10 rings all together and they all spun down a bottle. Hange stared at him in bewilderment but I knew where he learned the move from. He got it from a Teen Titans movie. Seems legit. The worker told Levi he could pick a prize but of course he let Hange take it. She pointed at the bear and squeezed it tight once it was given to her.

"Thank you." She sang with her new bear in her arms.

"Hange!" I looked up ahead and saw Hange's other friends. Miche and Moblit.

"Oop, I'll see you guys later," she said to us, "coming!" She shouted at them, leaving us.

The group decided to scatter once we got here but it just made it easier since there is in fact 12 of us.

"I cannot believe you guys dragged me to this stupid thing." Levi was clearly not having any fun. Crowds were not his thing, nor was color, or children, or rides, or greasy food, or balloons, or anything for that matter.

"We can leave if you want." I said in the most genuine way possible but if he tells me he wants to leave, my night will be absolutely ruined since I am extremely excited to be here. But we're hoping for the best.

"No, it's fine." Thank god.

"Well then what do you wanna do?" The best way to go about this is by doing what he wants. As long as I'm here and with him, I'm happy. "Are you hungry at all?"

"The food here is gross, Eren." Levi doesn't believe in junk food. I'm convinced he's never tried anything that's not healthy. I, on the other hand, am a junk food connoisseur.

"Not all of it." I took his hand in mine and tried to find something we'd both like. "What about this?" We stood in front of a caramel apple stand. "It's healthy...ish."

"It's literally drenched in sugar."

"Fine, suit yourself." I shrugged and went up to order one caramel apple for myself in which I had every intention of making him try it. Tonight will be the night that Levi Ackerman will be a changed man. I thanked the woman after our exchange and I turned around and spotted my little grumpy Levi with his arms crossed and the same dead look he gives to everyone that comes his way.

"How the fuck are you supposed to eat that?"

"Teeth." I sounded like a smartass on purpose which earned me a flick on the arm. I had an idea. I went back over to the woman at the stand. "Hi, do you have a plastic knife by chance?"