Chapter 99

Eren's POV:

Class finally ended and Armin was immediately on my ass as expected.

"Eren, I'm not an idiot. If that's not from Mikasa, who is it? And don't say Levi because I know it's not."

Do I tell him? I want everyone's trust back. But if I say who it's from, I can't imagine it getting any better.

"Armin, this is one of those times where I need you to put it in The Vault." The Vault is something Armin and I made up where all our deepest, darkest secrets are kept with each other. This includes my slight obsession of wanting to be a Titan again and his theory of getting his memory back. I know how he will get his memory back. I fucked up with that one too. It seems like I fucked up with a lot while trying to create this new generation of ours. Unfortunately, his theory is correct and I hope it never happens.

"Okay, I understand."

"It's a guy."

"Okay."

"He made the first move, I swear on my life."

"It's Jean."

"He texted m-," I looked at him in shock, "how'd you know?"

"Like I said, I'm not an idiot."

"Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't. But if you're breaking up with Mikasa tonight, how are you going to explain that." He pointed at the hickey.

"Turtleneck."

"To a party?"

"Wait, she's invited?"

"Why wouldn't she be?"

"Because that's her ex boyfriend."

"Jean wanted you both to come. That was his call."

"Fuck me," I groaned.

"I'll pass, not trying to be sloppy seconds," he laughed.

"For fucks sake, Armin," I laughed as well.

But my laughter immediately died down once I realized what was next. English with Reiner...and Levi. I felt myself go white in the face. Almost as if I had seen a ghost.

"Eren, are you okay?"

"Levi. I have class with Levi."

"Oh god, when?"

"Next period."

He gasped and put his hand over his mouth.

"You're all over the place, huh."

"I'm so fucked. I'll let you know how it goes," I sighed. He wished me luck and walked in the opposite direction. Well it seems like I got my friends back but I'm probably about to have Levi slip out of my hands entirely.

Wait.

He could just assume it's from Mikasa.

Yes, that's exactly what I'll do. It's not necessarily lying, it's just hiding the truth. He may not even ask about it. There's a chance he won't even talk to me at all.

I walked up to the door and kept my hand on the handle.

"Are you going in or what?" Fuck, it was Levi.

"Yeah, sorry." I opened the door and walked quickly to my desk to have Reiner waiting in his.

He started laughing immediately.

"You look like you just got fucked." I motioned my hand across my neck a couple times, silently telling him to keep his mouth shut. "Wait, did you? Aren't you breaking up with Mikasa tonight? Why would you fuck her in school?"

"To soften the blow," I grit through my teeth. I did not want to talk about this.

"Is it that noticeable?"

"Your hair is a mess," I quickly started to straighten out my growing hair. Aiming for the asshole man bun again. Although I was everyone's worst enemy, no one could deny I looked hot as hell. "Your face is bright red. Tired eyes. Swollen lips. Yeah, you definitely did something."

"I'm sure Jean had the time of his life." Levi spoke up. How on earth did he know? Then again, he is Levi. The other genius of the grade. Most likely going to be the Salutatorian. Or maybe Hange. Tough call. "I know damn well it wasn't Mikasa judging by the way you walked to class." Oh my god, I'm even walking funny? I really am a mess. "Seems like you did too. Better than banging my sister, that's for sure." Why me? Levi faced forward and he crossed his arms on his desk, placing his head in between. I looked back at Reiner with the 'don't tell a soul' expression and he nodded.

And this is why we don't fuck in school.