Chapter 6

Eren's POV:

There was a routine. We'd train, have dinner, go to bed. That's what everyone else's was. But as for me. Train, have dinner, have Levi come into my room and just talk. I knew he didn't trust me so I didn't understand why he had decided to spend so much time with me. I guess it was to keep an eye on me. But for me, I had developed a small liking towards the captain. Something I wasn't necessarily proud of. In fact, it was something I never saw coming. I was always intrigued by his ways of leadership. Not so much who he actually was. Levi was right. I didn't know him. But now I think I'm beginning to learn.

He told me how Kenny the Ripper was his uncle and he didn't know until he took his last dying breath in front of him. I mean the man is in his 30's and he had no idea he had a last name. When he told me, I wasn't quite sure what to do. My initial reaction to people telling me things is physical. But I figured it would be wise not to go in for a hug or place my hand on his shoulder. I just assumed I'd be thrown across the room if I made the slightest attempt. But I was wrong. He put his head on my shoulder and we sat like that for a little while in a comfortable silence.

"Hey Eren?" He rarely refers to me using my first name so I was taken by surprise. It's usually Jaeger or brat.

"Yeah?" I looked down at him, still keeping my head on top of his.

"What do you think of me now?"

I think you're pretty.

"The same as I did before."

"Which was?"

"A hero. An inspiration. A leader. Smart. Strategic. Strong. Fearless. And special."

He seemed surprised by the last one. His eyes widened bigger than I thought they could go but he quickly returned to his unenthusiastic face.

"Why that one?" He asked.

"Because no one's like you. No one can do what you do."

"And what is it that I do exactly?"

"You're strong for others but no one's strong for you." I felt his body shiver. Either he's cold or I hit a sensitive spot. I gently started to rub his arm and pulled him a little closer to my side. "I try to be strong for you." I lift my head off his and he looked at me. Although his face remained the same, the tears brimming at his eyes were hard to miss. But only small ones. "Levi," I take his hands in mine, "you're special to me. Like I said, I look up to you. You're my hero." I whisper the last part. He looks at our hands but let's go to wipe away his tears that were trying to hide. I lifted his chin up and wiped them away with my thumb. "Levi?" He nods with a small sniffle. "Why are you crying?" There's a difference between a regular cry and a Levi cry apparently. Usually when I cry, it's a performance. Chin wobbling, snot coming out of my nose, eyes get puffy. Him? The tears coated his beautiful gray eyes and only left him with a small hint of pink on the top of his nose.

"Because I feel like no one else cares in this world."

"Yeah but I care."

"You don't know how desperately I wish it wasn't you."

"W-why?" I wanted to cry myself.

"I don't think you've realized what you're actually capable of. I have. One day, you're finally going to snap. You'll become untamable, unhinged. I can't put too much thought and emotion into someone I believe will destroy everything."

Does he really think I'm capable of that? I would never.

"Stop saying that!" I defended myself.

"Then stop making me believe it."

"I don't do anything!" I didn't know what else to say. I felt like I had always tried my best to keep everyone safe along with my own goal of freedom in mind. But destroy the world? That's not me.

Levi eventually left my room but his words filled the air as if he was still there. I was hurt. But I kept telling myself that that's just how he is and move on from it.

The next morning, I found Mikasa. She was always honest with me, I wanted to talk to her about Levi.

"Mikasa!" I called out and ran over. Why is she talking to Jean? Gross. He's been in love with her from the very beginning. But luckily, I'm fully confident that Mikasa would never fall for someone like Jean in a million years.

"Eren." She smiled. You could see the rage in Jean's eyes once she immediately disregarded his existence. Good. "How're you feeling?"

"Tired." I sigh. "Do you think we could talk for a sec?" I rub the back of my neck.

"We were-" Jean begins.

"Yeah sure." But Mikasa was quick to cut him off and left him. He looked like he was going to explode. "Is everything okay?" We found a place outside to talk.

"Mikasa, do you think I'm going to destroy the world?"

She eyes widened. "Eren, why would you think something like that?"

"Seems like some do." I shrug, looking down at the ground.

"No, Eren. You're not going to destroy the world. We're all on the same mission. Freedom. We'll do whatever it takes to get it. Whoever told you that you're going to destroy the world, ignore them. I guarantee you they don't know you like I do."

I still wasn't convinced but I let it slide. I pulled her into my chest and held her tight.

"Thanks Mikasa."

"Anything for you."