Chapter 63

Eren's POV:

"What are you looking for?" Mikasa asked. I asked her to come over after my basketball practice so I could raid my dad's study. He must have something about Titans around here somewhere. If a middle school history teacher has access to this, I can too.

"A book."

"About?"

"Me."

She groaned and pushed me out of the way. She opened the top drawer to my dad's desk and lifted up the false bottom. There were 4 books.

"Typical." She said in disbelief.

"What?"

"Same thing as last time. Same place, same books, just different copies. Although," she picked up the 4th and looked front to back, "this one's new." She opened it for us to read the first page.

The History of the Survey Corps

"Wait a second," she opened another.

The Rumbling

"Eren, these are different."

"Well why would they be the same?"

"I don't know, I just assumed they were because of the colors and there's no titles on the front like last time. I wonder where he got these." I opened the next book.

The History of the Ackerman Clan

"Why would he want to know about your family?"

"I'm not sure."

There was one book left. She put her hand on top of mine and we opened it together.

The Reign of Terror by Eren Jaeger

"You've gotta be kidding me." I groan, sliding my hands down my face. Just when I thought Mikasa and I had more time, my father walked in. Perfect. He was about to speak but I quickly said, "our history teacher is teaching us about gods and goddesses and we're learning about Ymir and the Titans and I came into the conversation." I was quick and said it with my eyes closed.

"What do you mean you came into the conversation?" He didn't seem happy.

"Mr. Jarnach talked about the 9 Titans and how the only name in history that was recorded was Eren's." Mikasa said. My father walked in all the way and closed the door. He took the books back and put them where they once were.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. Every reaction I didn't understand all made sense. It all started with his.

"I know, son." He held his arms out to hug me and I did so. A small tear fell from my eye and I just thought about the life I had hundreds of years ago. I ate my father, I had my mother killed, I killed so many people, I hurt all my friends.

"I'll never do that, I hope you believe me."

"Well you physically can't." He sadly smiled. "But I believe you. It takes time remembering that was a different person living in different times. There's no more Paradis or Marley or Titans. None of it exists anymore. Life is better." He held his arm out for Mikasa to join the hug. "We all made it out and we're happy. We're relearning but we're still living and loving. I love you both." He gave us a light squeeze.

I didn't think he'd give us the books so we had to come up with another way. Maybe the school will have what we're looking for.