Chapter 183

Eren's POV:

"I got a few more days of this suspension bullshit," I sighed, holding Levi's limp hand. As the days went on, I had fewer and fewer things to say. But that's only because my days got less and less interesting once I was out of school plus I don't leave his house. I feel utterly helpless without him, it's pathetic. "I can't believe it's been 3 weeks now. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Just in case I can't make it here, I'll just tell you that I'm really thankful for you. I miss you a lot. We all do but mostly me. I love you, Levi. More than anything. Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful." I kissed his hand and then reached over to his forehead and left. When I was on my way out, Hange was walking in. "Hey, I didn't know you were coming."

"Yeah, I always come on my break." She nodded. "Have you thought about the job offer at all?"

"Sorta."

"I'll take that as a no," she sighed. "Mikasa's making dinner right now." I nodded and pulled her in for a hug. She rested her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around my waist; I could tell she was exhausted.

"You okay?" I gave her a light squeeze.

"What a stupid question."

"Yeah," I smiled. "I'll see you later. Love you."

"Love you too."

We went our separate ways as I walked to my car. But then I got a phone call. Wasn't expecting Jean to be honest.

"Hey," I turned my engine on and sat there for a few moments.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come over. Figured maybe you'd want to leave the house for a bit." No one's really asked me to hang out. Jean would be the first.

"Is it just us or are the boys coming?" The boys being Reiner and Connie.

"Just us."

"Okay, I'll be over in a few. I'm leaving the hospital now." I put my car in reverse and left the parking lot. Jean's house was a 20 minute drive from the gross building.

"Alright, doors open."

"Okay, I'll be there in 15-20 minutes."

I drove to Jean's in silence. No music. No nothing. I really feel like my soul has been sucked from me. It's only been getting worse. I'm absolutely miserable.

Minutes passed and I finally made it to Jean's house. I walked in and saw him sitting on the couch in the living room with a big bag of Taco Bell on the table

"Here." He held up the bag for me to grab. "Chalupa Supreme with a Dr. Pepper."

"Yes, sir." I smiled and sat next to him.

"How're you holding up?" He said with a mouth full of food.

"Like shit." Then I took a bite of my own food after drowning it in mild sauce. "I thought he was gonna wake up by now. I'm hoping it's before Christmas."

"That would suck." I rolled my eyes at him stating the obvious.

"How's practice been?"

"It's alright. Shadis has been on our asses big time though. He misses his MVP." I could sense the jealously.

"Chill," I laughed, "you're the best Tight End on the team. Plus we got basketball coming up. No one even comes close to being as good as you."

"Damn right." He pouted and then took a sip of his Baja Blast. "I wouldn't mind some attention."

"Jean, you can fuck whoever you want, stop complaining."

"I was talking about being on the court but I guess you can think what you want."

"No, you weren't."

"No," he shook his head and smile, "I wasn't."

Once we finished eating, he put his arm behind me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I really thought things would be better this time." He started to rub my arm, noticing my sad demeanor.

"They are."

"Not for Levi."

"We met Levi when he was 30, Eren. And when we did meet him, he was an emotionless short man who had no respect for anyone except Erwin."

"So what are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is that we didn't know Levi when he was young back then. For all we know, he was probably just as emotional as he is now. Sometimes I forget we're all the same age. I still look at him as if he's a lot older than us. We just need to remember this is seriously a new person that we're dealing with."

"That I'm dealing with." I rolled my eyes as he gave me a small squeeze. "I just really hope everything's going to be okay."

"It will be." He seemed fairly confident.

"How could you be so sure?"

"Because he's Levi Ackerman."