Chapter 197

Eren's POV:

"Like, who does he think he is?" I slurred, taking another sip of whatever concoction of alcohol Reiner had made for me. Jean and Reiner thought it would be best to have a guys night. Us three along with Connie too. Him and Sasha are still having issues so this is a night of hardship for everyone it seems. "I got suspended for him. I bought him so many Christmas presents and so many damn books, he won't even know where to start. I came and visited him everyday. I literally cried almost every day. But what do I get? I get 'I'm mad because I can't be with my mom' and shit," I mimicked his voice then taking another sip. "Oh yeah? Well what about me, huh? I get broken up with on my birthday. On my birthday! And he didn't even wish me a happy birthday either."

"You know when I got my memory back," Connie began, laying upside down on the couch. He's definitely going to vomit if he stays that way for much longer with the amount of alcohol he's consumed himself, "I got my Levi memory back. I don't think he'll ever change."

"Are you saying that because you believe that or because that's how you feel about Sasha?" Jean asked, placing down his 4th bottle of beer on the ground next to his feet.

Connie groaned, sliding his hands down his face. "Eren, give Sasha her memory back."

"No." Reiner, Jean, and I said simultaneously.

"Why?" Connie groaned.

"Because we need at least one of us to be normal." Reiner responded. He hasn't drank tonight. He says he has to go somewhere after this. Weird.

"You wanna talk about normal? Why have you been so M.I.A. lately, huh?" Jean asked Reiner.

"You finally got a girl?" I laughed. Reiner deserves a girlfriend. Or to at least get laid.

"No, it's not like that." He sighed.

"Oh, so it is a girl?" I smirked and flipped on my stomach with my hands under my chin seeming rather intrigued.

"Spill." Jean smirked as well, taking a swig from his 5th beer.

"Ymir and Historia are having problems and-"

"No fucking way!" I exclaimed. "You're hooking up with Historia?"

"No, you dipshit! I'm not a homewrecker." Reiner rolled his eyes. But we all turned to Jean and he just awkwardly took another sip.

"What's everybody lookin' at me for?" Jean whined. "I haven't broken anybody up."

"Yet." Connie sighed. "Same goes for you Reiner."

"Me?" Reiner put his hand on his chest in shock. "I love Historia but I could never do that to her or Ymir."

"I wish I had the strength you had." Jean said, putting his arms behind his neck. "I look at Mikasa and Annie every day and think 'what the fuck did I do wrong?' But I keep it together."

"Why don't you go and find someone new?" Connie suggested. Jean immediately locked eyes with me.

"Because I seem to fuck up everything I touch." I knew who he was talking about. It wasn't just me. He was talking about Armin and Marco too. He knows that if he didn't do what he did with Armin, he'd be here with us. The invite is always open, it's not like we've picked sides. It's just that Armin doesn't like being around Jean too much. Especially when alcohol is involved.

"Oh, don't say that." Reiner gave him a light shove from across the couch.

"Yeah, it wasn't your fault that Mikasa realized she still loved Eren and the only way for her to cope was to date Annie." Connie blurted out with a smile like it was nothing. But me, Reiner, and Jean all stared at each other in shock. Did he just say what I think he said?