Chapter 153

Levi's POV:

It was the next morning and my head was pounding. I woke up to a warm body holding me close. Holy shit, it wasn't a dream.

"Want me to leave yet?" Eren's voice was raspy from not waking up too long ago himself. His morning voice was an underrated thing that I absolutely loved.

"No."

"No? That's surprising."

I detached myself from his arms and stretched out to look at his face. His eyes were red and puffy for whatever reason. I knew that meant he was crying, but why?

"Eren, why were you crying?"

"I wasn't crying. I just didn't sleep."

"Did you not sleep because you were crying?"

"Sure, I guess."

"Baby, tell me what's wrong." I kissed his forehead. Not only was I unbelievably shocked by my words and actions but he was even more so.

"It's not a big deal." He tried to play it off with a smile but I was going to take that answer.

"Please." I kissed his forehead again.

"I just," he sighed, "I just missed you and I know that last night was a lot and you don't actually feel that way so it's...it's a lot."

As I was sitting up, I noticed my Venom mug on my nightstand with a black tea bag sticking out. He must've gotten up and made it for me. I'm not surprised I slept the whole time, this was the best sleep I had gotten in a month.

"I feel that way." I was dead serious. "I mean it. Armin knocked some serious sense into me. I'm sorry. I've been in denial and I put it all on you and I pushed you away. This was my fault from start to finish. It was never yours. I shouldn't of put that on you. I shouldn't of told you I hated you because deep down I was just mad at myself. I never stopped loving you."

"It's okay." Eren moved the hair out of my face but kept a straight face. "But can I get a few things off my chest? I think it's only fair."

"Be gentle."

"The Captain gets no mercy."

"Fair point."

"Do not ever, ever do this shit to me again. I don't care how fucked the situation is. I'm here to take care of you and protect you and love you. Just let me do that. Don't fucking tell me you hate me, don't tell me you wouldn't care if I died. Rumbling 2.0 will literally happen if you do that again." He was dead serious but I couldn't help but laugh which made him laugh. "Mikasa didn't think that was funny."

"Well Mikasa is Mikasa. But in all seriousness, it's like joking about the holocaust, watch yourself, Jaeger."

"Yeah, true." He awkwardly said.

"Can we follow through with your proposition now?"

"Absolutely." He barely finished saying the word as his lips were already against mine. I crawled on top of him and we just held each other close, desperate to have some affection.

"Fuck, I missed you." I said in between kisses, overwhelmed with emotions. I needed to let go of my bullshit. Pushing Eren away was the worst thing I ever did. The loss of my mother slowly combined itself with losing Eren. I can have one of them back if I tried hard enough and now here we are.

"I never thought I was gonna have this again."

"So..." I trailed out, tracing figure 8's on his chest.

"So?" He smiled.

"Back together?"

"I thought that was established." He kissed every inch of my face and then held onto me, flipping our bodies for him to be on top. "Wasn't it?" I pushed my lips out, asking for a kiss. He smiled and shook his head, leaning down to kiss me 3 times. He got out of the bed, nearly teasing me from laying on top of me and went towards my door.

"Eren." I whined.

"Yeah no, you got some making up to do for like a week."

"A week?" I overdramatized. Eren deserves at least a year of me making up for everything all together. I got out of bed and dragged myself over to him. I almost forgot about our height difference and seeing him tower over me just made me want to fall into his arms. Which is exactly what I did as I rested my head on his chest.

"You feeling okay, baby?" I started to smile and hid my face so he couldn't see. I got him back. I know it won't immediately be the same but he's Eren; I know how much he loves me by the way he treats me. And Eren loves me a lot. But this time I'm going to be different. I'm going to make sure he knows I love him just as much.

"I just have a headache." He leaned down and kissed my head then took my hand for us to go downstairs. Mikasa and Hange were both on the couch watching Super 8. Solid movie choice. They heard the stairs creak so they turned around to see me and Eren which shocked Mikasa but not Hange; she just maniacally smirked at the sight of us holding hands. "Good morning." I acted like there was nothing different to mess with them. I mean I haven't been out of my room for a month, I go to one football game and I'm back together with Eren in a night.

"It's 4 in the afternoon." Mikasa said. "Good morning, Eren."

"Good morning, Mikasa." He also played along and acted like this was completely normal.

"So," Hange casually began, "what's happening here?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged, grabbing a fork out of the drawer for my watermelon, knowing I cannot touch it with my bare hands because it's wet.

"Oh, no? Eren, what about you? Anything new?"

"Nope, not that I'm aware of." He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Any reason you don't have a shirt on?"

"Or pants?" Mikasa added.

"Nope." He kissed the top of my head and put his hands underneath his shirt in which I was wearing and started to rub my stomach. I lifted the fork up to his mouth and he took the piece of watermelon from it. "These are my pajamas. Had a little sleepover." I put the watermelon container down on the counter and held onto his last two fingers to lead him to the large couch. Eren sat down and I ripped the blanket from underneath Mikasa and wrapped it around me. I sat on his lap facing him the way I do and rested my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my back. I felt Eren nod lightly which could only mean one of them asked him a question, that question being if we were back together.

Yes, I can officially call Eren all mine once again. This time, I'm going to keep it that way.