Chapter 65

Eren's POV:

"Do you have any plans for Winter Wonderland?" I asked Mikasa as we played Mario Kart in my room.

"Nope."

"Go with Jean." I had my tongue sticking out at the top of my mouth, steering the best I could.

"Why?"

"Because he likes you."

"And history repeats itself again." She sighs.

"Does it really?" I laughed. I wonder what happened between them.

"He was in love with me for years and then we actually got married."

"Married?!" I started laughing uncontrollably. I felt my cheeks heating up because it was so hilarious. "You got married to horse face?! How did that happen?"

"Shut up." She shoved me with her elbow, still keeping focus. "He was really good to me. But only when he got older. He's still in his annoying phase."

"Would you go with him though?"

She shrugged. "I mean why not?"

It made me think a bit. If Jean asks Mikasa, Connie asks Sasha, and Armin asks Annie, I'll be dateless. And I will NOT be asking Levi, that's for sure. He'd probably kick me like he did in that damn courthouse.

"I say do it. Give him a chance."

"I just might." She smiled. "Do you think you'll ask Levi?"

I choked on air and started coughing. "No." I shook my head aggressively.

"Why not? I mean Hange said he talks about you. I know what happened between you guys was rough but still."

I feel like I need to tell her at this point.

"Mikasa, there's something you need to know about me and Levi...he bullies me."

She paused the game. "What?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because I didn't want you to worry."

"No." She shakes her head. "I will not be having my brother bully my best friend. He doesn't hit you, does he?"

"Occasionally."

She grumbled and clenched her fists. "That short, selfish brat."

I started to think about the note I wrote him. I wonder how he reacted. Were we actually together? Me being with a boy makes sense since I'm questioning my preferences. But Levi? That's where it doesn't make sense. But then again, everything's unraveled itself in the end.

"Mikasa, were me and Levi together?"

She looked up from aggressively typing on her phone and then to me. "Yes."

Damn it.

"I mean, history doesn't have to repeat itself." I shrugged. I don't have to be with Levi. It's not like I need to do the same thing from a thousand years ago.

"That will."

No it will not. Not if I can help it.

"Why?"

"Annie and I talked about it in math class. That's why we believe we're here."

"Because of me and Levi?" She nodded. "How is that possible?"

She bit her lip and nodded, telling herself she had the strength to continue. "Eren, you died."

"Right." I nodded. "Knew that one."

"But after that, your spirit came back to Levi and then me."

"I was a ghost?" I gasped like it was the coolest thing in the world.

"You told me you had a mission. I knew that mission was Levi back then. So one day, Levi was just dead." She shrugged. "We all figured out that you had taken his spirit with you and finally lived the life you never got to live."

"What do you mean 'never got to live'?"

"I believe your mission was to alter the future using what other powers of the Founder you had left. There's no reason for Levi to be my twin brother."

"Why not?"

"Because he was over 15 years older than you and now you're not even a month apart."

Oh my god, Levi was a creeper.

"Isn't that...illegal?" I whispered the last word.

"Different times." She shook her head, defending the situation. "Age wasn't as significant back then as it is now."

"I could see that." That made a lot of sense. "So you really believe I went through all this trouble just to be with Levi? That still doesn't make sense since he's such an asshole to me."

"To be honest, I'm not sure how your memories of Levi haven't come back. That's the only hole in my theory. You've gotten almost everything else back, right?"

"I think about 80%."

"That 20% will be all Levi." She dragged out 'all' and smiled.

"That's so weird." I still couldn't believe it.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded for her to continue. "Do you like boys or girls?" I was shocked by the question. I still wasn't sure about the answer but I think it's time I had that decision.

"I think...I think both?" It came out as a question, that's for sure. "That's normal, right?" She nodded and smiled. She reached out for a hug and gave me a light squeeze.

"Very."