"Your turn, favorite color." I say in a dead-pan voice.

"Royal blue. Favorite song."

"Either Beethoven's Für Elise or This Christmas (I'll Burn it to the Ground) by Set it Off."

"How do you go from classical piano to blow ears out rock?" She ask with slightly wide eyes.

In response I just shrug and wait for her to answer her own question. "Let's see.......Almost home by Craig Morgan or Hollywood Undead's Everywhere I Go."

I chuckle while muttering, "And you were talking about me going from one extremely to the other." Raising my voice back to a normal level, "Favorite animal."

"The one stalking you right now." She says smiling, motioning behind me with one hand. Looking over my shoulder I turn just in time to have DeLacy's cat pounce on my face.

"God damn it!" I yell recoiling from the black and white fur-ball, the action causing me to tumble off the edge of the bed. "Oomph!" I grunt as I land on my head and neck.

DeLacy is still on the bed rolling with loud joyous laughter. "It not funny." I grumble throwing my legs to the side so I can sit up and rub the back of my head where I hit the stone floor.

"It-huu-kind-hu-of-hu-ha-is." She says through gasp and laughs. Letting out a low growl I quickly leap back onto the bed and start attacking the sides of my sister.

I'm met by loud belly laughter as I continue my attack on her sides. Her laughter is contagious and I find myself laughing along with her as relentlessly tickle her. She starts to squirm to get away from my hands. I have to straddle her hips to keep her from kicking me and fight against her hands as she try's to push mine away. Her body is so tense her claws are completely extended and I have to be careful not to let her slit my wrist on accident.

"Let me go!" She shouts through her laughter fighting for a breath.

"Are you going to laugh at me again?" I ask with a playful lilt in my voice.

"No! No! Please. Stop." Laughing I take mersey on her and stop my assault of her sides.

She stops moving other than the heaving of her chest as she takes in lungfuls of air. "I-huuuu-hate-huu-you." She pants out between breaths.

Chuckling I respond in a baby voice, "Awww, did upset da poor wittle baby?" I say poking her side.

"Shut-up." She says with a huff of laughter as she swats my hand away. "You suck, ya know that?" She says looking up at me still taking long deep breaths.

I only chuckle in response. "Well it's good to know you two are getting along." A voice says from the door way.

Both of our heads whip to the side to see Stacy framed by the door and Nicolai standing in the hall behind her.

"Mom!" DeLacy exclaims sitting up quickly. It's not till then I realize I'm still straddling her hips. Half falling to one side I sit beside her on the bed, looking at the woman I never knew and the man who raised me.

"What were you two doing?" Nicolai ask in his thick accent.

"Her damn cat attacked me and she wanted to laugh so I gave her good reason to laugh." I answer matter-of-fact.

At this DeLacy bares a deadly glare at the side of my face. "Tickling me to the point of hyperventilating is not a good reason to laugh." She says with a flat tone. It was actually kind of scary.

"Neither is laughing at me for hitting my head!" I exclaim.

This gets a sudden burst of energy out of her, "Okay first of all you did not hit your head, you fell on it and secondly it's always funny when someone gets hurt." She says using her hand for emphasis.

"Yeah when it happens to someone else. It's never funny when you're the one getting hurt." I fire back.

"Exactly. And I didn't get hurt, you did. There for, to me, it was funny." She defends, "And you have to admit it was kind of funny seeing Ra'za pounce on your face." She adds.

I don't respond other than a withering glare. She meets my glare head on until we hear laughter from the door drawing our attention to the two laughing figures framed in the doorway.

"What's so funny?" DeLacy ask, her brows furrowed slightly. Mirroring my own confusion.

Stacy is the one to answer, "You two have only known each other for a little over three weeks and you're already acting like sibling who grew up together." Her voice smooth with her Italian accent and a soft smile gracing her lips with a gentle look in her eyes as she looks at.

It suddenly strikes me how much this must mean to her, seeing her daughters together like this after so many years. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her, not knowing what had happened to her daughter; while still having the other as a reminder and see them unfazed by the loss of their unknown sibling.

I have a sudden urge to console her in some way but I'm not sure how to do that without messing it up.

DeLacy saves me by getting up and pulling me off the bed with her. "Come on let's go eat." She says pulling me with her past Stacy and Nicolai into the hallway.

Letting go of my hand we start walking to the dinning hall. DeLacy and Nicolai walk ahead talking about some book they've read while I walk with Stacy.

"Hello." She says cautiously. It's not the first time we've talked, but it is the first time we've talked in relative privacy.

"Hey." I huff out with slight discomfort. We continue to walk in silence before I let out another huff but with frustration this time, "Why is I can tell a lie like it were nothing more than the weather but the moment I try actually talking to a person I get tongue tied?" I say mostly to myself.

Stacy chuckles beside me, "Your father was the same way. He could make his enemy's most loyal warriors turn against them with a few words, but it took him seven years to get more than a single word out to me." She says with a small distant smile.

Taking a deep breath she refocuses her gaze on me and gives a slight but genuine smile.

Chuckling in return, "Surely I'm not that bad." I say with a small smile only enough to raise the tips of my mouth upwards.

"Hahaha, no you're much better at talking in a social situation than he was." She says still smiling.

We laps into silence again as we near the dinning hall but this time it was a comfortable silence not the strained one from earlier. 'Maybe this won't be so bad after all.' I think to myself as we enter the dinning hall.