Mugen Train-Aftermath

Akaza can't accept the truth. He was defeated by a human, a mere human. The human even spared him, telling him that he could finish the demon off whenever he likes. He felt so humiliated by this man. He is left alone by the man who told him to go.

"Rarrgh!" He punched the ground. It leave a deep crater as he tried to absorb everything that happened to him. He wanted a rematch, but time is running out. The sun is rising quickly, he didn't have much time left to run. 

With a heavy heart, he stand up and head straight to the forest without any second thoughts. Yeah, he hates losing but right now, his life is more important than that. How could he take revenge if he was dead? He dashes through the forest to head back to his old hideout. I need to take refuge from the sunlight! 

Tanjiro, who is still enraged by Akaza wounded Rengoku badly chased after the Upper Ranked demon from the back. Tanjiro knew he wouldn't able to outrun Akaza so he send him a little gift. He slow down his tracks and hold his sword as if he was holding a dagger and aim for the demon.

That took too long! I have to get away from the sun! Akaza is running while putting pressure on his wound that were inflicted by Doflamingo that still didn't heal.

Flame burst out from his mouth, sign of him using Hinokami Kagura breathing again. He throw his sword as fast as he could, the sword flying swiftly at Akaza who is running away. When Akaza look back, a sword was flying on his direction.

*Blam!*

It hit Akaza straight in his chest. His veins bulging, feeling pissed by that. And yet, he keeps running, didn't even stop or slow down. Not that though didn't cross his mind.

"Don't run away!" Tanjiro screamed at Akaza telling him to not run away.

"Don't run away you coward!" Akaza is extremely pissed by the kid. He's about to kill the kid if it weren't for the sun that's rising. What the hell is that brat talking about? Doesn't he have a brain in his head? I'm not running away from you! I'm running from the sun! The battle is not over! Next time, it will be me as the victor! Akaza is humiliated and vowed to get his revenge once he gets much stronger.

"The Demon Slayer Corps... is always fighting you demons in the dark of the night when you have the advantage! That's right, us flesh and blood humans!" Tanjiro gripped his thumb in his hands.

"Our wounds don't close up that easily! And we cannot regenerate a limb once lost! Don't run away! You bastard! You bastard! You coward! Rengoku is way more amazing than you!" INosuke just watch Tanjiro scream his lungs out while he stand there, tears falling out of his headpiece. 

"Rengoku didn't lose! He didn't let anybody die! He fought to the end! He protected them to the end! You're the one who lost! It's Rengoku who won!" He exclaimed before his eyes covered in tears. 

"That's enough, kid." Doflamingo appeared right next to him. 

"You're being overdramatic, he's still breathing you know?" Doflamingo pointed out where Rengoku is still alive and not dead.

"B-but his wounds, they're fatal!" Doflamingo shakes his head, the wound in his stomach is not that deep. It almost hit Rengoku's vital organ if it weren't for Doffy.

"Hmmh, where is he?" Doflamingo asks them where is Rengoku. Tanjiro quickly lead him to where Rengoku is. Rengoku is still passed out with a bandage covering his whole stomach. He assumed that these boys did it.

"We have done the best we could, but it still won't suffice. What should we do now?" Tanjiro has reach a dead end. The kakushi is coming but if they need to wait, Rengoku won't make it.